Position PRIORITY SCREENING DATE: Tuesday, October 13, 2020 at 11:59 pm for a guaranteed review. Application materials received after this date will be reviewed in an ongoing basis until position is filled. Please allow up to (2) two weeks for processing of application materials. (Postmarks and faxes not accepted.) The eligible list established by this recruitment maybe used to fill current and future permanent or Per Diem vacancies as they arise. Exam# 20/52A16/09CR
Natividad is currently seeking to fill a full time, permanent Supervising Staff Nurse I position. This incumbent supervises nursing and Interventional Radiologic Technologist in an Interventional Radiology specialty environment. This person would manage inpatient and outpatient procedures in the Interventional Radiology suite in a safe and professional manner.
Distinguishing Characteristics: This position has full time responsibility for supervision of nursing and Interventional Radiologic Technologist employees in adult and pediatric units to provide direct patient diagnostic and treatment services with a Radiologist or other credentialed provider. Supervising nurses perform the full range of first level nursing and administrative, evaluations, and supervisory functions requiring a knowledge of supervision techniques, as well as the nursing techniques and procedures used in their care. The supervisor will enforce hospital and nursing policies and help to update and create new policies as needed. Principles of nursing practice and Association of periOperating Registered Nurses (AORN) will be used as guidelines for Interventional Radiology practice.
Examples of Duties SIGNIFICANT DUTIES
- Assign employees daily to perform nursing tasks on the basis of available skills and with consideration for the needs of each patient; set priorities and redirect employees to other tasks as the need arises
- Oversee the work of nursing personnel and instruct them in providing technical care such as the administration of drugs and the setup, regulation, and monitoring of intravenous, mechanical breathing apparatus and other equipment
- Verify that all nursing tasks and ordered medical or psychiatric treatments have been performed by nursing staff and that physicians' orders and orders of other disciplines have been charted
- Review and formally evaluate employee performance; write anecdotal notes on employee performance and counsel employees; interpret personnel and other applicable administrative policies to assigned employees
- Interpret nursing philosophy, goals, policies and procedures governing nursing security, safety, and visiting conditions to employees, patients, and visitors
- Serve as the unit liaison and resource nurse-in charge
- Assess the patient's physical, emotional, social, and economic circumstances; make nursing rounds; determine if planned or required care has been provided; and make individual decisions and referrals to other services for the patient's well-being; plan and conduct patient-centered staff conference
- Investigate and answer queries from physicians, patients, and visitors about patient care
- Maintain safety and control of patients, employees, and visitors in the unit
- Investigate and prepare reports on accidents and other incidents involving patients, employees, and visitors
- Instruct or assign new employees to others for in-service instruction and orientation
- May be authorized to order the transfer of a patient who needs specialized care from one facility to another.
A combination of experience, education, and/or training which substantially demonstrates the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
Thorough knowledge of:
- The various roles and responsibilities of nursing team members
- Basic supervision
- Nursing techniques and procedures used in the care of patients treated in the unit
- Facility policies and procedures.
- Supervise the actions and activities of Staff Nurse I, Staff Nurse II, Radiologic Technologists, and other lower level positions as required.
- Demonstrate competency in all patient care skills specific to patients treated in the unit.
- Interact with physicians, nursing staff, ancillary staff, patients, and the public to resolve issues of concern and promote effective delivery care.
Education: Graduation from an accredited school of nursing as a registered nurse.
Experience: Two year's nursing experience as a registered nurse, at least one of which has been in the specific area of patient care relevant to this assignment AND Leadership/Supervisory Experience Additional Information CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Natividad requires that all incumbents pass a pre-employment physical/medical assessment.
- Natividad will conduct a thorough background and reference check process which includes a Department of Justice fingerprint check.
- Employees who drive on County business to carry out job related duties must possess a valid CA Driver License for the class vehicle driven.
- Employees must have and show their original Social Security Card and a valid CA Driver License or CA State ID prior to the first day of work.
- Incumbents may be required to work all shifts, including weekends and holidays;
- Incumbents may be required to work with potentially hazardous and infectious substances.
APPLICATION SUBMISSION: A completed Monterey County Application and responses to the Supplemental Questionnaire, must be submitted by the priority screening date of: Tuesday, October 13, 2020 at 11:59 pm for a guaranteed review to the Natividad Human Resources Office, 1441 Constitution Blvd., Bldg. 300, Salinas, CA. 93906 OR on-line applications may be submitted at http://www.natividad.com Optional resume may be attached to the on-line application or emailed separately to: GarciaDL@natividad.com, resume will be accepted in addition to, but not in lieu of the required application materials. For more information or to receive application materials, you may contact the Natividad Human Resources Office at (831) 783-2700. Office hours, M - F, 7:30a.m.- 5 p.m. QUALIFICATIONS ASSESSMENT: To further assess applicants' possessions of required qualifications, this process may include an oral examination, pre-exam exercise, performance exam, or physical ability exam.
ELIGIBLE LIST: Applicants successful in the Qualifications Assessment process will be placed on an eligible list for possible final selection interview. This eligible list will be used to fill current and future vacancies. SPECIAL NOTES
If you believe you possess a disability that would require test accommodation, please contact the Personnel Analyst for Natividad at (831) 783-2711.
Employment is contingent upon acceptable documentation verifying identity and authorization for employment in the United States. If you are hired into this classification in a temporary position, your salary will be hourly and you will not be eligible for benefits.
Apply on company website