Position PRIORITY SCREENING DATE: Friday, February 21, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. for a guaranteed review. Application materials received after this date will be reviewed in an ongoing basis until position is filled. Please allow up to (2) two weeks for processing of application materials. (Postmarks and faxes not accepted.) The eligible list established by this recruitment maybe used to fill current and future permanent or Per-Diem vacancies as they arise
Natividad is currently seeking to fill a permanent, full-time Supervising Nurse I position in the Pediatrics Unit. This position will assume shift responsibility for supervising the nursing staff and perform a full range of nursing and first-level administrative supervisory functions, and perform other related duties as required. Examples of Duties
- Participate in three or more of the following: (1) Preceptorship, (2) Teaching In-services, (3) Development of Learning Aids, (4) Development and Review of Policy and Procedures, or (5) Serve on Hospital Committees.
- Perform a head-to-toe assessment on all patients and reassess as per policy.
- Assess patient pain level and initiates pain management plan per Natividad policy & assess fetal well being using NICHD terminology.
- Assess for sign and symptoms of abuse and assess educational needs of patient and patient support group.
- Coordinate and direct patient care to ensure patients' needs are met and hospital policies are followed to include admission, transfer, and discharge.
- Model effective communication skills, both verbal and written; interact with peers, physicians, other healthcare team members, patients, family and visitors in a safe, effective and therapeutic manner. Uses SBAR to communicate with physicians, residents, and other nursing staff.
- Provide direct patient care, evaluate outcomes, and recognize emergencies and consults with other specialists as required; adjust nursing care processes as indicated.
- Interpret data about the patient's status in order to identify each patient's age-specific needs and provide care needed.
- Assist the Nurse Director/Supervising Nurse with overseeing the work of nursing personnel and operational unit activities; develop a written plan of care; update as necessary for positive outcome.
- Investigate and answer queries from physicians, patients and family about patient care; evaluate the effectiveness of the Quality Council; provide instruction as necessary.
- Function as the charge nurse as assigned; documents in PCS including SOC.
- Provide resource information to other staff; including precepting and/orientation to the unit.
Thorough Knowledge of:
- Current theory, principles, techniques and procedures used in professional nursing
- Medical terminology, medical instruments and equipment
- Routines typical to an acute-care hospital
- The uses and effects of medicines and narcotics
- Federal, State, Local laws and regulations and JCAHO standards that govern the nursing practice and delivery of health care
- Current treatments, drugs and equipment associated with area of specialization
- Advance theoretical concepts, principles, techniques and procedures used in professional nursing and health care
- Mode of action and effects of medicines and narcotics
- Advance treatments, drugs and equipment associated with an area of specialization
- Principles and practices of quality assurance
- Safety policies of quality assurance
- Safety policies and procedures related to nursing
- The various roles and responsibilities of nursing team members
- Basic supervision
- Nursing techniques and procedures used in the care of patients treated in the unit
- Facility policies and procedures.
- Perform the full range or registered nursing duties and responsibilities
- Plan and organize nursing plans for patients
- Prepare and maintain records and reports
- Analyze situations accurately and adopt and effective course of action
- Provide excellent customer service and establish and maintain an effective working relationship
- Communicate effectively with physicians, patients and other hospital staff
- Perform Specialized and advance nursing tasks
- Utilize staff effectively in the conduct of patient care, studies and projects
- Review and edit written reports, policies and procedures, standards of care and quality and duties of the position
- Keep abreast of developments in area of nursing specialization
- Supervise the actions and activities of Staff Nurse I, Staff Nurse II, Licensed Vocational Nurse, Nursing Assistant, and Medical Unit Clerk.
- Demonstrate competency in all patient care skills specific to patients treated in the unit.
- Interact with physicians, nursing staff, ancillary staff, patients, and the public to resolve issues of concern and promote effective delivery care.
The knowledge, skills and abilities listed above may be acquired through various types of experience, education or training, typically:
Education: Graduation from an accredited school of nursing as a registered nurse.
Experience: Two year's nursing experience as a registered nurse, at least one of which has been in the specific area of patient care relevant to this assignment.
Additional Information CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Natividad requires that all incumbents pass a pre-employment physical/medical assessment.
- Natividad will conduct a thorough background and reference check process which includes a Department of Justice fingerprint check.
- Employees who drive on County business to carry out job related duties must possess a valid CA Driver License for the class vehicle driven.
- Employees must have and show their original Social Security Card and a valid CA Driver License or CA State ID prior to the first day of work.
- Incumbents may be required to work all shifts, including weekends and holidays;
- Incumbents may be required to work with potentially hazardous and infectious substances.
APPLICATION SUBMISSION:A completed Monterey County Application and responses to the Supplemental Questionnaire, must be submitted by the priority screening date of: Friday, February 21, 2020 at 11:59 pm for a guaranteed review to the Natividad Human Resources Office, 1441 Constitution Blvd., Bldg. 300, Salinas, CA. 93906 OR on-line applications may be submitted at www.natividad.com Optional resume may be attached to the on-line application or emailed separately to: BarocioKM@natividad.com, resume will be accepted in addition to, but not in lieu of the required application materials. For more information or to receive application materials, you may contact the Natividad Human Resources Office at (831) 783-2700. Office hours, M - F, 7:30a.m.- 5 p.m. QUALIFICATIONS ASSESSMENT:To further assess applicants' possessions of required qualifications, this process may include an oral examination, pre-exam exercise, performance exam, or physical ability exam.
ELIGIBLE LIST:Applicants successful in the Qualifications Assessment process will be placed on an eligible list for possible final selection interview. This eligible list will be used to fill current and future vacancies. SPECIAL NOTES
If you believe you possess a disability that would require test accommodation, please contact the Personnel Analyst for Natividad at (831) 783-2711.
Employment is contingent upon acceptable documentation verifying identity and authorization for employment in the United States. If you are hired into this classification in a temporary position, your salary will be hourly and you will not be eligible for benefits.
Apply on company website