- Provides direct clinical social work services to patients and their families in an interdisciplinary team approach.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to: Interviewing clients to assess spectrum of needs, providing treatment adherence counseling to facilitate long term retention in care and to promote improved compliance with medication therapies.
- In collaboration with the medical team, tracking and interpreting lab results for patients, providing referrals to community based ancillary services as needed, documenting and monitoring linkage outcomes, completing annual social service needs assessments on each patient to develop individualized treatment plans and to identify and eliminate or reduce client barriers to care.
- Conducting routine mental health assessments, providing/facilitating services to support emotional care, conducting annual depression screening, identifying individuals experiencing emotional crisis and implementing the appropriate intervention, participating in multidisciplinary team treatment approach, effectively documenting and communicating all relevant patient information, facilitating or referring to various modalities of counseling including group therapy, trauma informed care and family counseling.
- Provide supportive medical management of HIV infected FTC clients, make referrals for medical and essential support services as appropriate, participate in quality management activities, educate clients regarding treatment adherence and risk reduction.
- Collaborate with the multidisciplinary team to support compliance with care and viral load suppression.
- Document all encounters in the EMR and appropriate database.
- Graduation from an accredited graduate school of social work with an MSW (master s in social work) degree.
- State licensure required by the NJ State board of social work examiners.
- Licensed social worker (LSW) or licensed clinical social worker (LCSW) depending upon years of social work experience and clinical course work (LSW may render clinical social work services under the direct supervision of an LCSW).
- Three or more years experience in a hospital setting preferred.
- Successful completion of all Orientation Programs.
Newark Beth Israel Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply on company website