Join National Heritage Academies (NHA) as a Manager of Government Relations. This position will report directly to the Director of Government Relations and New School Development and will be responsible for completing the activities necessary for NHA to be successful in achieving its government relations objectives while leading a team.
NHA is a charter school management company that operates 80+ schools in 9 states. We are committed to our mission of “challenging each child to achieve…” and we pride ourselves on our students' ability to achieve high results in later education based on the foundations gained in grades K-8 at NHA.
In this role you will work out of our corporate headquarters (Service Center) located in Grand Rapids, Michigan. The NHA Service Center is where all the behind-the-scenes magic happens. Our 400 brilliant team members are brag-worthy. With a diverse group of departments like admissions, talent acquisition, facilities, legal services, and many more working together to provide top level back-office support. The Service Center is a place of bright colors, smiling faces, and opportunity. We like to gather for events such as the fall crocktoberfest cook-off, the sparkling holiday party full of fun and unexplainable excitement, and our annual 5K Service Center fun run.
- Set and implement the strategic direction of NHA's government relations initiatives with the Director
- Interview, hire, develop and mentor effective Government Relations Associates as assigned
- Produce memos and reports alongside Government Relations Associates to ensure legislative activities are communicated effectively to the organization
- Maintain a broad understanding of key legislators and stakeholders within each state in which NHA operates
- Work with NHA's team of lobbyists to analyze policy and legislation and provide feedback that protects NHA's autonomy and operating model
- Develop grassroots advocacy efforts on behalf of partner schools
- Attend meetings on the department's behalf to represent the government relations initiatives put in place
- Create and share best practices for communications to key stakeholders
- Conduct weekly O3s with direct reports
- Additional duties as assigned
- Three to five years of legislative, research, or advocacy experience is preferred
- Bachelor's degree is preferred
- Evidence of strong writing experience in a professional setting is preferred
- Strong communication skills – information-gathering writing, editing, talking, and listening – with an ability to work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent organizational skills utilized to prioritize workload in a fast-paced environment with changing deadlines
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and resourcefulness to seek solutions
- Ability to travel regularly as assigned and represent NHA with external stakeholders
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to start assignments promptly, complete tasks quickly, and work independently
To learn more about our core values, please click here.
National Heritage Academies is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply on company website