Join National Heritage Academies (NHA) as a Regional Food & Nutrition Coordinator. Based in East Michigan, this position will report directly to the Manager of Food and Nutrition Services and will be responsible for supporting 10 of our schools in the Greater Detroit area.
NHA is a charter school management company that operates 90 schools across nine states serving over 60,000 students in Kindergarten through 12th grade. Founded in 1995 and based in Grand Rapids, Michigan, NHA is one of the nation's leading for-profit charter school management organizations.
NHA's system of schools is designed to eliminate the achievement gap and provide a public school choice to families so their children are prepared for success in high school, college, and beyond. With a commitment to hard work, good citizenship, and personal responsibility, students experience a safe, secure learning environment where achievement thrives. A passion and dedication to the mission of serving children and partnering with communities to provide an excellent educational experience permeates the culture of our organization.
- Visit the various schools and ensure vendors follow specific contractual obligations including menu items, nutrition, and sanitation regulations.
- Build relationships and act as a liaison with various internal and external agencies to drive collaboration and projects.
- Interact with and respond effectively to urgent requests from multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Operate after school snack program as needed with school staff.
- Assist in the implementation and management of nutrition clubs/committees at each school.
- Establish and oversee a marketing plan to promote the school nutrition program, including newsletters, and digital communication to parents/staff.
- Oversight of required federal and state audits to ensure each school is compliant to all child nutrition program regulatory standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree and 3-5 years of related work experience in school nutrition preferred.
- Registered licensed dietician nutritionist preferred.
- ServSafe certification required - not more than 5 years prior to start date or must be completed within 30 calendar days of start date.
- Optional completion of School Nutrition Association's Nutrition Specialist Credential within 2 years of start date.
- Advanced knowledge of federal, state, and local health regulations, USDA requirements and the proper handling of food in a school food service environment.
- Ability to consistently enforce policies, procedures, and regulations in a firm but fair manner.
- Ability to maintain good working relationships with both internal and external customers, vendors, and personnel.
- Must be computer literate and can utilize Microsoft/Outlook programs; experience using Horizon OneSource is a plus.
- Valid MI driver's license.
To learn more about our core values, please click here.
National Heritage Academies is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply on company website