National Heritage Academies (NHA) is seeking a Special Education Supervisor to join the Special Education team and provide support to a region of our North Carolina Schools. The Special Education Supervisor will actively participate in our purpose of challenging each child to achieve. The primary responsibility of the Special Education Supervisor is to provide guidance and support to school administrators and special education providers, ensuring both compliance with special education to conform to all state and federal requirements, and a focus on instructional practices that support the unique educational needs of students.
It will be a requirement that the selected candidate for this role be based in North Carolina.
NHA is a charter school management company that operates 90 schools across nine states serving over 60,000 students in Kindergarten through 12th grade. Founded in 1995 and based in Grand Rapids, Michigan, NHA is one of the nation's leading for-profit charter school management organizations.
NHA's system of schools is designed to eliminate the achievement gap and provide a public school choice to families so their children are prepared for success in high school, college, and beyond. With a commitment to hard work, good citizenship, and personal responsibility, students experience a safe, secure learning environment where achievement thrives. A passion and dedication to the mission of serving children and partnering with communities to provide an excellent educational experience permeates the culture of our organization.
- Provide on-site technical assistance and coaching to special education staff at assigned schools.
- Provide training and professional development to key stakeholders including administrators, special education and general education staff in special education processes and procedures inclusive of but not limited to:
- Federal and state laws, rules and regulations pertaining to the development and implementation of Special Education and Section 504 programs and services to ensure the provision of FAPE in the LRE.
- Curriculum alignment with grade level standards and tools (general and alternate curriculum)
- Development of effective special education processes and IEP teams
- Planning and implementation of specially designed instruction
- Behavior management techniques and the development of Behavior Plans
- Supports professional development of other special education professionals.
- Acts as a key resource on special education matters to schools
- Monitor school's special education programming to ensure compliance with state and federal policies and procedures.
- Coordinate provision of services with contracted ancillary staff (SLI, OT, PT, SW, & PSYCH) within region assigned.
- Partner with key stakeholders to support compliance with charter contracts and renewal process.
- Demonstrate knowledge of school wide policies and procedures.
- Maintain personal and professional development.
- Demonstrate general knowledge of all disability areas in Special Education.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Supervision Certification specific to state requirements
- Masters level degree in special education and/or educational administration
- At least 3 years teaching experience in special education or related field
To learn more about our core values, please click here.
National Heritage Academies is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply on company website