Company: Nicklaus Children’s Health System
Location: Miami, FL
Career Level: Associate
Industries: Healthcare, Pharmaceutical, Biotech
Job SummaryAs a member of our housekeeping staff, you will be responsible for ensuring our patients, families, visitors, as well as employees have a wonderful experience by cleaning and maintaining your assigned area within Nicklaus Children's Health System. Working here is about making a difference in the lives of children every day.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Prior customer service experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Cleans/maintains assigned work area by gathering materials, refilling carts, removing trash, disposing red bags, disinfecting bathrooms (including shower, sink, and toilet) and dusting.
- Cleans/disinfects emergency spills and debris immediately.
- Ensures equipment is in good working order.
- Removes and properly disposes of trash and soiled linen.
- Replenishes supplies and linen.
- Reports safety hazards and defects immediately.
- Provides excellent customer service to all patients, visitors, and internal customers.
- Greets patients and families in a courteous manner when entering room.
- Performs special cleaning procedures such as terminal cleanings when needed (deep cleaning using bleach, wipe walls, clean underneath bed, high dust, change curtains).
- Responds to verbal speech, alarm signals, radio, and telephone communications within appropriate time frame as specified by leader.
- High school education or equivalent preferred.
- Able to comprehend verbal and written instructions in English.
- Able to communicate to request supplies and write identifying information.
- Housekeeping and/or maintenance experience preferred.
- Floor care experience preferred.
- Able to relate cooperatively and constructively with clients and co-workers.
- Ability to follow simple instructions to accomplish repetitive tasks.
- Excellent customer service skills.
Apply on company website