Noblis is seeking a Division Director-Digital Solutions and Advanced Analytics for their headquarters location in Reston, VA.
Noblis' Federal Civilian Solutions (FCS) mission is to advance and protect our federal civilian government's infrastructure, capabilities and citizen services through the delivery of applied science, lifecycle engineering, data analytics, and digital transformation solutions. Our investments in technology, transformation, and talent enable us deliver transformative capabilities that fundamentally shift the way our civilian government delivers its services and solutions. Our team is rapidly growing across the civil sector and we are seeking a highly qualified business and technical leader to join our team.
Noblis has a robust team of systems engineers, analysts, and specialized subject matter experts delivering forward-thinking technical and advisory solutions in the public interest. We are growing our team and expanding our capabilities both in depth and breadth to meet client mission outcomes of national interest. The Digital Solutions & Advanced Analytics Division is one of six divisions in Noblis' FCS mission area. The mission is to employ innovative analytics, applied agile IT, cutting-edge networking, and advanced cybersecurity methods to exploit, enable and protect data and infrastructure across federal civilian missions. Focus areas include fraud/cyber analytics, data science, machine learning, artificial intelligence, software development, and cloud computing.
In addition, the division collaborates across the mission area to execute multiple Noblis sponsored research projects in fields that include big data analytics, autonomous operations, modeling and simulation, quantum computing, blockchain, digital identity, Internet of Things (IoT), 5G communications, Software Defined Networking (SDN)/Network Function Virtualization (NFV), and high performance computing applications. This research applies across Noblis' other mission areas and subsidiaries.
The Division Director portfolio will be 40-50 million in annual revenue and over 100+ direct reports. This position will be a direct report to the Vice President of Federal Civilian Solutions.
Job responsibilities include:
- Provides full “P&L” leadership of the division portfolio of programs with a focus on technology solution advancement and sustained business growth for high consequence missions with financial viability.
- Strong technical leadership discipline with proven ability to produce tangible solution outcomes in complex environments.
- Leads the division management team to develop and execute the division strategy, technology roadmap, and business plan within the mission area's and larger company's priorities.
- Responsible for leading the division's organic business growth and supporting strategic business development opportunities as part of the relevant account strategies in cooperation with business development account leaders.
- Initiates new business lines and offerings within the division focus areas and leverages deep client relationships and cross-company technology.
- Leads cross-mission area and cross-company strategic initiatives that utilize multiple disciplines and the larger capabilities beyond those in the division.
- Responsible for overseeing the quality, timeliness and relevance of client deliverables across the division portfolio
- Responsible for the division's human capital planning, technology evolution, workforce management and professional development within the Noblis career progression roadmap. Attracts, retains, develops a highly qualified, diverse staff across relevant experience levels and disciplines.
- Provides sound financial stewardship of client resources and company allocated resources with fiscal discipline, efficiency and cost savings.
- Works with Noblis Centers of Excellence functions and with employees to identify, develop and transfer technology innovation projects that enable future business growth, client impact and unique Noblis differentiators.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 10-15 years of leadership experience with progressively larger and more complex tasks, projects, programs and a portfolio of programs. Direct technical and programmatic experience working in or directly for federal civilian missions is a plus.
- Proven record of sustained business growth and client diversification underpinned with substantive and broad client relationships.
- Tangible successes in developing new business lines and offerings from incubation to mature execution including successful technology transfer and insertion into the federal mission space.
- Deep domain experience in the core missions, technical functions and agencies where the division's current and planned portfolio of work resides.
- Advanced degree in a relevant technical discipline. PhD a plus but not required.
- Tangible experience leading a diverse, highly qualified workforce across a wide range of disciplines, skills, experience levels and educational backgrounds.
- Recognized expert in a key technology, mission or discipline related to the division's primary areas of work.
- Extraordinary communications skills. Adept at communicating complex subjects to senior executives and communicating broad issues to the workforce with clarity.
- Results driven technical and business leader with tangible record of successes in growth, mission execution, technology innovation and workforce management.
- Successful experience identifying, attracting, and hiring the right talent to lead new tasks, programs and initiatives
- Substantive and successful experience leading new business development initiatives from concept exploration, capture management, proposal development, and post award transition.
Noblis and our wholly owned subsidiary, Noblis ESI, are solving difficult problems that help our government and our country. We bring the best of scientific thought, management, and engineering expertise with a reputation for independence and objectivity. We support a wide range of government and industry clients in the areas of national security, intelligence, transportation, healthcare, environmental sustainability, and enterprise engineering. Learn more at Noblis -About Us
Why work at a Noblis company?
Our employees find greater meaning in their work and balance the other things in life that matter to them. Our people are our greatest asset. They are exceptionally skilled, knowledgeable, team-oriented, and mission-driven individuals who want to do work that matters and benefits the public.
Noblis has won numerous workplace awards. Noblis maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Apply on company website