Noblis is positioned to provide subject matter expertise (SME) on emerging threats, data analysis, and algorithm development to decision makers in the CWMD office and DHS components using information obtained from distributed sensor network capabilities, open source reporting, and other sources.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity to help develop and advance DHS's new approach to countering WMD, we are actively seeking to identify personnel to join our team of talented professionals who possess the experience, vision, commitment and integrity to successfully support the strategic goals of DHS CWMD by assisting with the fulfillment of the office' policy and strategy requirements as DHS's CWMD focal point as an Innovation Applied Scientist for CWMD. Responsibilities include:
- Develops and incorporates novel algorithms and methods for complex, large-scale data analysis in coordination with operational/analytic end-users within and outside of DHS CWMD.
- Provides applied science technical advice and analytic support to the management of external pilot projects developing new systems, algorithms, and technical approaches.
- Researches new technical approaches for application across the CWMD mission portfolio.
- Has 7-10 years of experience and a (B.A./B.S) or 3-10 years and a (M.A./M.S) in natural or physical sciences, engineering, computer science, mathematics, statistics, or related fields.
- Qualifying experience must be in the natural or physical sciences, engineering, computer science, mathematics, statistics, informatics, or related fields.
- Experienced with Providing technical advice and analytic support to the management of external pilot projects developing new systems, algorithms, and technical approaches.
- Experience developing, or evaluating the development of, systems, algorithms, and approaches for complex large-scale data analysis across a range of different types of data.
- Secret Clearance is required.
- Preferred Specialized Experience: Considerable professional experience in the natural or physical sciences, engineering, computer science, mathematics, statistics, informatics, or related fields.
- Advanced education, knowledge, and capabilities in, but not limited to, mathematics, statistics, computer science, modeling and simulation, software engineering, and signal processing.
- Advanced education, knowledge, and capabilities in, but not limited to, mathematics, computer science, statistical and probabilistic modeling, and advanced analytic software such as Matlab and SAS
Noblis and our wholly owned subsidiary, Noblis ESI, tackle the nation's toughest problems and apply advanced solutions to our clients' most critical missions. We bring the best of scientific thought, management and engineering expertise together in an environment of independence and objectivity to deliver enduring impact on federal missions. Noblis works with a wide range of government clients in the defense, intelligence and federal civil sectors. Learn more at Noblis -About Us
Why work at a Noblis company?
Our employees find greater meaning in their work and balance the other things in life that matter to them. Our people are our greatest asset. They are exceptionally skilled, knowledgeable, team-oriented, and mission-driven individuals who want to do work that matters and benefits the public. Noblis has won numerous workplace awards. Noblis maintains a drug-free workplace.
Noblis is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race (as well as because of or on the basis of traits historically associated with race, including hair texture, hair type, and protective hairstyles such as braids, locks, and twists), color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
Apply on company website