This lead support engineer role will serve as a technical and programatic lead addressing the sunsetting of carrier/vendor technology resulting in the need to transform and update the technologies being used across the NAS. They must have a strong understanding of the underlying technologies that support the FAA NAS, how these technologies are changing due to shifting industry trends, and the impact these changes are and will have on the FAA.
They will help the FAA Project Lead define requirements, analyze alternatives, and determine the feasability and potential interoperability of proposed solutions. Further they will support risk analysis and help determine the most critical needs and help to match them with the best value solutions needed to maintain the NAS in a safe and cost effective manner. They will also help plan and oversee the deployment and implementation of the solutions needed.
They will work closely with the FAA Project Lead, in collaboration with the cost, scheduler, and project teams to review proposed solutions and develop neccessary program artifacts including a dynamic schedule of over 1,000 sites. The individual will also be responsible for providing status reports, briefings, and other support as needed.
The resource must be able to multitask, be proactive, and work effectively in a fast-paced environment to ensure program deliverables and tight deadlines are met.
- Bachelor's degree and a minmum of 8 years of experience
- Experience leading critical Telecommunications Networks transition, cost and schedule efficiencies
- Proven delivery of program performance and customer satisfaction
- Experience utilizing effecive communication skilss to manage high pace, complex, and demanding critical missions
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering
- PMP certification
- FAA experience or knowledge of the FTI network strongly preferred; or work at a similar size Federal Agency
- Ability to lead organizational teams
- Past success in achieving program objectives while maintaining stakeholder expectations and staisfaction
- Proven track record delivering on schedule
Noblis and our wholly owned subsidiary, Noblis ESI, are solving difficult problems that help our government and our country. We bring the best of scientific thought, management, and engineering expertise with a reputation for independence and objectivity. We support a wide range of government and industry clients in the areas of national security, intelligence, transportation, healthcare, environmental sustainability, and enterprise engineering. Learn more at Noblis -About Us
Why work at a Noblis company?
Our employees find greater meaning in their work and balance the other things in life that matter to them. Our people are our greatest asset. They are exceptionally skilled, knowledgeable, team-oriented, and mission-driven individuals who want to do work that matters and benefits the public.
Noblis has won numerous workplace awards. Noblis maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Apply on company website