The Network Engineer is responsible for designing technical solutions for complex problems. The individual will provide technical oversight of a project solution, including requirement interpretation and allocation of requirements to technical components. Defining processes to support the implementation of requirements and ensuring that technical solutions leverage industry best practices, as well as, designing for security and excellence while minimizing the total cost of ownership will be the responsibilities of the network engineer.
The candidate should be able to define internal and external customer IT infrastructure architecture needs and then design solutions to meet those needs to include: capacity planning, systems configuration and tuning, monitoring backups, and installations of hardware and software. The candidate will be required to work independently with little supervision and should be flexible to work and support IT Operations needs as requested.
- 8+ years of experience configuring, designing, maintaining, and troubleshooting LAN/WAN devices
- Thorough understanding of network routing concepts (EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, IP MPLS)
- 5+ years of experience configuring/maintaining Cisco ASA/Next Generation Firewall
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Experience configuring/maintaining other (non-Cisco) hardware firewall devices such as Palo Alto Network, F5, or Juniper Next Generation Firewalls
- Basic understanding of QoS concepts
- Experience with network monitoring technologies
- Ability to take ambiguous requirements or problems and convert them into technical solutions
- Ability to partner with systems administrators, storage administrators, and application developers to solve complex problems
- Complex problem management research and issue resolution
- Ability to mentor junior network engineers
- TS/SCI w/poly required
- Experience configuring, designing, and troubleshooting IP multicast streams
- Experience configuring, designing, and troubleshooting QoS in LAN or WAN devices
Noblis and our wholly owned subsidiary, Noblis ESI, tackle the nation's toughest problems and apply advanced solutions to our clients' most critical missions. We bring the best of scientific thought, management and engineering expertise together in an environment of independence and objectivity to deliver enduring impact on federal missions. Noblis works with a wide range of government clients in the defense, intelligence and federal civil sectors. Learn more at Noblis -About Us
Why work at a Noblis company?
Our employees find greater meaning in their work and balance the other things in life that matter to them. Our people are our greatest asset. They are exceptionally skilled, knowledgeable, team-oriented, and mission-driven individuals who want to do work that matters and benefits the public. Noblis has won numerous workplace awards. Noblis maintains a drug-free workplace.
Noblis is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race (as well as because of or on the basis of traits historically associated with race, including hair texture, hair type, and protective hairstyles such as braids, locks, and twists), color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
Apply on company website