Required minimum skills and knowledge:
- Bachelor's degree and 11+ years of relevant experience
- Knowledge and expertise in the areas of telecommunications and field implementation projects across a wide geographic area, including but not limited to coordination of site surveys, site prep, and special construction
- Excellent communication, cross-functional team collaboration, presentation and technical writing skills and results-oriented problem-solving abilities
- Strong professional, interpersonal, project management and organizational skills and the ability to work in a rapidly changing, high intensity work environment
- Facility with presentation graphics, and/or spreadsheet tools highly desirable; proficient in Microsoft Visio
- Ability to work in a dynamic team-oriented environment, demonstrate teamwork and initiative, and function productively in the face of new assignments and the re-prioritization of existing assignments.
- Knowledge of one or more relevant technical subject areas, such as wide-area networking (IP VPNs), last-mile technologies and services, enterprise network operations, network security, managed services, wireless and cloud-based offerings
- Demonstrated proficiency in IP systems implementation to include familiarization with VLAN, VPN, VOIP, MPLS, SDN and NFV
- Demonstrated understanding of transmission theories and networking protocols
Desired skills and knowledge:
- Relevant work experience in the areas of telecommunications employed by telecommunications service providers, implementation coordinators, or equipment manufacturers
- Familiarity with relevant Federal technology issues, policies, regulations or practices
- Proficiency in FAA telecommunications lifecycle management policies, processes, and procedures, including a working knowledge of FAA NAS Enterprise Architecture
- Hands-on experience with FAA operational telecommunications, radio communications and/or enterprise infrastructure services
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- FAA Experience is highly preferred
Noblis is helping FAA manage large and complex telecommunications and information management programs that use state of the art technologies to deliver enterprise infrastructure services essential to the safe and efficient operation of the largest, safest, and most complex aviation system in the world. We are seeking smart, passionate, and motivated people to join our proven team in a challenging and rewarding work environment where you will be actively engaged at the intersection of technology and operations enhancing our nation's aviation system. If you want to be involved in acquiring, implementing, and managing the communications and information solutions to achieve our nation's aviation vision, this is the job for you!
- Serve as the Project Implementation Specialist for the FAA South West region as part of the AJM-3123 Network Deployment Services implementation team directly supporting the FAA South West Region Project Engineer.
- Responsible for assisting with the coordination and implementation of communications services, including assisting the FAA Regional Project engineer workload balancing and scheduling with all project stakeholders for services within the South West Region, to include but not be limited to service delivery coordination, site access, site surveys, site prep, and special construction
- Provide direction and be responsible for helping develop Regional communications service requirements (to include legacy TDM, and IP technology).
- Collaborate with National Airspace Security and Enterprise Operations (NASEO) in the maintenance, troubleshooting and restoration of operational network communication services from a programmatic perspective.
- Support for field site surveys and site prep required to implement communication services.
- Responsible for the oversight of network service acceptance and cutover procedures.
- Assist in the implementation of network upgrade and service orders to support National Program Deployments.
- Provide telecommunication integration support to the FAA TDM-to-IP program office.
- Coordinate implementation activities across organizations to ensure on-time, in-budget delivery of services, this role requires cross-functional collaboration to be effective.
Apply on company website