- Must possess at least 5+ years of experience, with Federal Government exposure
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Eligible for a Top Secret clearance required
- Demonstrated experience writing and editing technical documents for proposals.
- Strong grasp of language, including nuance and tone and ability to adapt writing style to different audiences.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of management.
- Demonstrated understanding of proposal development process and techniques.
- Strict attention to detail and ability to review and edit proposal content for compliance, clarity, and proper use of terminology.
- Demonstrable editing skills at the organizational, structural, sentence, fact-checking, and proofreading levels.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work comfortably on deadline-driven proposal efforts.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to frequently changing tasks based on client priorities.
- Exceptional time management skills; willingness to work extended hours to complete tasks when needed.
- Demonstrated leadership, influence, and collaboration skills.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, particularly the use of styles and creating templates.
- Knowledge of SharePoint, Office 365 (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and ability to learn new applications.
- Experience in coaching writers of varying skill levels and providing constructive feedback.
- Experience coordinating small proposals, RFIs, or Sources Sought.
Noblis is seeking an experienced technical writer/editor to collaborate with multidisciplinary teams on a variety of proposal-related documents to edit materials in a manner that improves their quality and ensures that they are editorially correct but does not alter their technical accuracy or meaning. Will edit, rewrite, and write technical and nontechnical text as necessary to prepare compelling proposals. Will help guide strategy for proposal writing and marketing communications across a variety of channels, with a strong focus on federal proposal submissions.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following activities:
- Serve as editor, writer, and curator for proposal sections, white papers, and other content to support proposal efforts.
- Review solicitations for technical requirements and ensure that those requirements are met.
- Edit writing of proposal team for style, grammar, punctuation, content, spelling, readability, and clarity.
- Mentor personnel on effective proposal writing strategies; maintain written documentation on proposal writing procedures; communicate these procedures to stakeholders; discuss and explain reasons for edits to technical writers.
- Work with proposal managers to develop proposal outlines and templates and to write proposal sections (such as past performance and resumes) when needed.
- Help identify and develop supporting graphics.
- Compose and maintain supporting information, such as biographical sketches, current and pending support, company history, and facilities descriptions that need to be customized for each submission.
- Serve as proposal manager/coordinator on smaller opportunities when needed.
- Participate in final production process, including desktop publishing, quality control, and white glove, and also ensure that all production/format specifications are followed.
- Help maintain repository of frequently used proposal information.
- Perform additional internal and external communication tasks related to business development team efforts.
Apply on company website