Are you an experienced electronics engineer or technician looking for an exciting opportunity in the law enforcement and intelligence community? Do you have experience performing digital forensic examinations or responding to technical exploitation requests for information? Are you adept at evaluating devices and electronics to provide investigative leads? Do you want to work for a great company while also impacting a valuable national security mission?
- Evaluate emerging threats. Possess technical capabilities to provide services in the following areas:
- Demonstrated working knowledge of explosives trigger systems;
- Reverse Engineering of hardware and software embedded device families not previously analyzed;
- Researching, finding and exploiting vulnerabilities in both hardware and software utilized by technologies encountered during an investigation;
- Analyzing hardware and software core elements to properly organize raw binary structured data retrieved from the hardware level;
- Demonstrate understanding of complex instrumentation to assess the operational characteristics of device triggers and possible disruption and mitigation methods.
- Possess ability to discover vulnerabilities within Improvised Explosive Device (IED) systems as well as other embedded devices and communication systems.
- Possess the ability to understand hardware and software core elements to properly organize and structure information retrieved from raw binary data sources.
- Possess the knowledge and ability to communicate with embedded devices over different portals such as the Joint Test Action Group (JTAG).
- Work independently with general instruction, adapt and apply Noblis' principles, concepts, processes, tools and methodologies to solve real-world problems in a team environment.
- Establish and support a culture of collaboration and continuous improvement.
- Bachelor of Science degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, or an equivalent technical discipline
- 10 years of experience characterizing Radio Frequency (RF) devices, evaluating communication vulnerabilities of systems in various environments and situations.
- Experience reverse engineering hardware and software.
- Extensive experience preparing technical reports for a variety of audiences.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and presentation skills.
- Proven results-oriented problem solving abilities.
- Facility with presentation graphics and/or spreadsheet tools.
- Ability to work in a dynamic team-oriented environment, demonstrate teamwork and initiative, and function productively in the face of new assignments and the re-prioritization of existing assignments.
- Active Top Secret clearance, with SCI eligibility
Noblis and our wholly owned subsidiary, Noblis ESI, tackle the nation's toughest problems and apply advanced solutions to our clients' most critical missions. We bring the best of scientific thought, management and engineering expertise together in an environment of independence and objectivity to deliver enduring impact on federal missions. Noblis works with a wide range of government clients in the defense, intelligence and federal civil sectors. Learn more at Noblis -About Us
Why work at a Noblis company?
Our employees find greater meaning in their work and balance the other things in life that matter to them. Our people are our greatest asset. They are exceptionally skilled, knowledgeable, team-oriented, and mission-driven individuals who want to do work that matters and benefits the public. Noblis has won numerous workplace awards. Noblis maintains a drug-free workplace.
Noblis is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race (as well as because of or on the basis of traits historically associated with race, including hair texture, hair type, and protective hairstyles such as braids, locks, and twists), color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
Apply on company website