The mission of the Threat Systems Management Office (TSMO) is to manage the Army Threat System Programs to include the total life cycle of threat systems for testing and training in the live, virtual, and constructive environments. TSMO designs, builds and tests representations of operational and emerging hostile systems with virtually identical performance capabilities that match the identified threat. TSMO ensures all threat systems are continually developed, upgraded, and/or modified and tested to reflect the current threat weapons systems platforms with state-of-the-art technology to support new and emerging DOD weapon systems. Additionally, TSMO conducts threat assessment and analysis in conjunction with the Army, Navy and other joint services operations.
TSMO utilizes a combination of simulators and simulation models, foreign material acquisition, commercial-off-the-shelf (COTs), and new development efforts to achieve its goal of providing threat relevant Electronic Warfare (EW), Information Operations (IO), integrated air defense (IADs), and command and control (C2) capabilities to support Operational Test and Evaluation (OT&E) events. These OT&Es include Network Integration Evaluations (NIEs), Combatant Commander events, as well as other testing and training events. TSMO requires a range of activities associated with conceptualizing, developing, and supporting the execution of testing events. Support is required to allow for more realistic threat representation testing for both hardware and/or software, and to upgrade threat systems and sub-systems with modern techniques that will offer superior threat representation testing against foreign threats. The TSMO requires the design of threat representations in order to reproduce live, virtual, and constructive threat simulations that satisfy the U.S. Army Test and Evaluation Command (ATEC) to support future test and training events.
The Senior Threat Systems Analysis and Testing Engineer:
- Provides program management and contractual and financial expertise to support cyber test and training events including red team activities and other threat representation requirements.
- Provides support to contractual activities to include developing new IDIQ contracts and task orders, working with customers and contracting officers to ensure all requirements are met and awards are issued on time.
- Provides financial support to include cost estimates, technical evaluations, Program Objective Memorandum (POM) planning, and tracking financial actions in support of Cyber T&E events, trainings and exercises.
- Plans, designs, develops, integrates, operates and tests threat representation projects and systems.
- Supports hardware and software design and modification, development, integration, and testing and hardware and software to support the TSMO in system research and development, system event integration and testing, and risk management activities.
- Supports development and testing efforts, modification, integration, training and field exercises, including test event surge support.
- Supports demonstrations and tests of TSMO systems and when necessary provide operation and support to events, including coordination with multiple TSMO test and demonstration event customers.
- Analyzes requirements and evaluates adequacy of designs to support and test multiple threat systems throughout their lifecycle.
- Interfaces with TSMO stakeholders to ensure threat systems are appropriately coordinated and integrated with customer requirements.
- Supports analysis, hardware, software, configuration management, testing, and other required technical documents.
- Develops system acquisition documentation, interconnection service agreements (ISAs), event agreements (EAs), Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), cost estimates, and technical evaluations.
- Evaluates the effects of proposed modifications and improvements on system integration and interfaces with other systems, system performance, and system operations.
- Minimum of a High School diploma with 11-14 years of related work experience in DoD or the IC or a BA/BS degree with 5-10 years of experience, or an MA/MS degree with 3-6 years of experience
- Prior experience supporting Joint and/or Service Operational Test and Evaluation, test design and implementation, and test and evaluation event planning, support, and execution.
- Prior operational experience in SIGINT/ELINT, Cyberspace Operations, Electronic Wafare, and/or Information Operations
- Superior attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Bachelor's and/or Master's degree in a related field
- Relevant industry or DoD certifications in project management, test management, and acquisition management
- Formal DoD training in SIGINT/ELINT, Cyberspace Operations, Electronic Wafare, and/or Information Operations
Noblis and our wholly owned subsidiary, Noblis ESI, are solving difficult problems that help our government and our country. We bring the best of scientific thought, management, and engineering expertise with a reputation for independence and objectivity. We support a wide range of government and industry clients in the areas of national security, intelligence, transportation, healthcare, environmental sustainability, and enterprise engineering. Learn more at Noblis -About Us
Why work at a Noblis company?
Our employees find greater meaning in their work and balance the other things in life that matter to them. Our people are our greatest asset. They are exceptionally skilled, knowledgeable, team-oriented, and mission-driven individuals who want to do work that matters and benefits the public.
Noblis has won numerous workplace awards. Noblis maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, hairstyles historically associated with race or other characteristics protected by law.
Apply on company website