BASIC JOB FUNCTION:
The Sous Chef is responsible for ensuring that all meals coming from the kitchen are well prepared with regard to quality, consistency, eye appeal, taste and food cost.
1. Assist the Executive Chef in hiring, training, supervising and scheduling of associates.
2. Prepare, cook and present food in accordance with productivity standards, cost controls, and forecast needs.
3. Monitor team performance, product quality and production flow; foster continuous improvement where necessary.
4. Assist in creating and implementing new menus.
5. Audit food storeroom items and direct items to maintain consistent quality products that ensure adherence to all health code requirements.
6. Enforce safety procedures and cleanliness standards throughout the kitchen including walk-in and reach-in boxes.
7. Special projects and assignments by the Executive Chef for continuous improvement.
8. All other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Extensive knowledge of menu development, insight in marketing and cost and wage controls.
2. Thorough knowledge of food products, standard recipes and proper preparations.
1. Culinary Certification preferred
2. 3 years of culinary experience, supervisory experience preferred
3. ServSafe Certification required
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Apply on company website