Requisition 12196: Associate Developer 2020 #LI-NM1A Day in the Life
As an Associate Developer, you will have the opportunity to be involved with the development of a variety of enterprise web applications and with existing systems enhancements to help facilitate train operations. You will also be working on enhancing unique and exciting systems that support business operations including train management and control systems, geographic information systems and maps, complex event management, customer support systems and may include support, trouble-shooting and problem resolution skills.
We have opportunities in numerous areas, including but not limited to, client/service, computer operations, mainframe application, mobile application development, and IT security.
What makes a successful Associate Developer?
- Interfacing with customers, business partners, IT team members to resolve business issues
- Skilled in web or backend application development
- Customer service skills
- Passion for technology, problem solving and innovation
- Familiarity with testing methodologies and strategies, strong teamwork ethic and customer support focus
We offer Associate Developer opportunities in the following areas:
TMA Application Developer - NET, C#, and WPF
- You will be primarily responsible for production support issues.
- Assist with back office web development
- Stub out application components using .NET
- Enhance and customize existing applications
DevOps - Linux, Java, GitHub and Jira.
- Automate and manage tools that migrate data through production environments.
- Maintain, optimize and update windows and unix systems.
- Automate steps in our software delivery process, such as initiating code builds, running automated tests, and deploying to a staging or production environment.
- Preferred Experience: Scripting, Troubleshooting, Automated testing and Building CI/CD pipelines.
Developer Process Control and Integration
- Project Management – working with the PMO (Timekeeping)
- Incident Management – tracking work coming into Synergy
- Change Management – working with ChaRM team
- Testing Management – working with QA Center
- AMS Management – tracking and management reports against SLR
- Bachelor's/Master's Degree
- Preferred Degree Paths: Computer and Information Sciences, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems and majors in a similar field of study will be considered
New Headquarters – Atlanta, GA
Norfolk Southern is in the process of constructing a vibrant & modern corporate HQ in Midtown Atlanta, GA. Our HQ is scheduled for completion in the summer of 2021. To check out a sneak peek, we've linked a playlist below.
Norfolk Southern Corporation (NYSE: NSC) is a Fortune 300 organization and one of the nation's premier transportation companies. Its Norfolk Southern Railway Company subsidiary operates approximately 19,500 route miles in 22 states and the District of Columbia, serves every major container port in the eastern United States, and provides efficient connections to other rail carriers.
We are a team of more than 20,000 employees working together to maintain our reputation as "The Thoroughbred of Transportation." As an industry leader, Norfolk Southern offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package.
At Norfolk Southern, we believe in celebrating our individuality. By leveraging the unique backgrounds and viewpoints of our employees, we can create a culture of innovation, respect, and inclusion. We know that employees thrive in a workplace where differing viewpoints, ideas, and experiences are freely shared and valued. As such, we encourage all employees to contribute their distinctive skills and capabilities to our organization.
Equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation and, gender identity. Together, we power progress.
Don't just work here, Thrive here.
Apply on company website