Requisition 13066: PMO AdminJob Description
The Project Management Office (PMO) Admin is a key resource who will assist the PMO Manager with tasks required to effectively manage the PMO. This includes implementing processes, supporting Project Managers and other stakeholders, serving as a back up to the PPM Administrator and other tasks as assigned including management of administrative projects. The PMO Admin will be a key member of the IT Project Management Office and an integral team player who helps to successfully move the PMO forward.
Principal Duties and Accountabilities:
- Assist with creation and implementation of new and/or improved PMO processes.
- Assist with development of PMO Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and ensure SOP are maintained and up-to-date.
- Maintain PMO SharePoint Site.
- Monitors project data within PPM system to ensure key elements are up-to-date and work with PMO Managers and Project Managers to take corrective action when items need to be updated.
- Provides process and system support to PMO Managers and Project Managers.
- Conducts periodic project audits.
- Manage and maintain administrative projects.
- Responsible for monitoring the accuracy and integrity of the overall project portfolio.
- Responsible for Project Portfolio reporting including monthly/quarterly portfolio reports, metrics and cost variance reports.
- Monitors, maintains and reports on Resource Management.
- Monitors the processing of all weekly timesheets, identifying discrepancies and troubleshooting issues towards resolution.
- Partner with IT Shared Services to support financial planning and forecasting including annual planning process and ongoing monitoring to ensure accurate financial reporting.Develop training materials and provide training to users.
- Assist with onboarding of new Project Managers.
- Strengthen awareness and adherence to PPM processes through periodic communications to reinforce appropriate usage of these processes.
- Serves as backup to the PPM tool Administrator.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision making capabilities
- Ability to multitask and prioritize assignments
- Ability to take direction and work well under limited supervision
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly motivated and self-directed with the ability to see the long term vision
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in computer science, business administration, engineering or a related discipline (information technology focus a plus)
- 2+ years of IT Project Management experience
- Certification in project management preferred (PMP or equivalent)
- Demonstrated understanding of project management concepts
- Experience with software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Experience working in a PMO and demonstrated project portfolio management knowledge (project intake, demand management, resource planning, budget management etc…).
- Prior process reengineering and development experience
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Office and other MS applications
- Experience creating presentations using MS PowerPoint for leadership audience
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel (vlookups, pivots etc…)
- Experience analyzing and reporting on operational or financial data
- Experience building reports and/or dashboards within PPM tool (prefer MS Project Online/SharePoint and Power BI).
- Prior experience as a PPM and/or SharePoint Administrator preferred (Project Online)
Shift Work: No
Weekend Work: Yes
Travel Required: 0 - 2 Days per MonthCompany Overview
Norfolk Southern Corporation (NYSE: NSC) is one of the nation's premier transportation companies. Its Norfolk Southern Railway Company subsidiary operates approximately 19,500 route miles in 22 states and the District of Columbia, serves every major container port in the eastern United States, and provides efficient connections to other rail carriers. Norfolk Southern operates the most extensive intermodal network in the East and is a major transporter of coal, automotive, and industrial products.
We are a team of more than 27,000 employees working together to maintain our reputation as "The Thoroughbred of Transportation". As an industry leader, Norfolk Southern offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package.
Norfolk Southern is an equal opportunity employer including veterans and disabled.
Apply on company website