Requisition 12811: IT Segment Financial LeadJob Description
Manage end to end financial activity for one segment of the IT Department. Provide detailed variance analysis, data validation and organized documentation. Coordinate annual budget and ad hoc forecast activities. Become subject matter expert on financial data within the applicable segment in order to provide value added guidance to IT leadership in support of key business decisions.
Principal Duties and Accountabilities:
- Provide analysis and documentation while coordinating the development and monitoring of the IT annual Capital and Operating Expense budgets and forecasts
- Validate, process, and document financial transactions for IT department segment
- Maintain cross functional communications among IT segment leadership and fellow members of the IT Shared Services Team
- Enter and approve shopping carts and non-PO payments for dedicated IT segment
- Provide accurate, ad-hoc, on demand reports and statistics relevant to contractors, shopping carts, capital and expense budgets as needed by leadership
- Ensure that software, hardware and professional service vendors meet their contractual obligations and to take the lead in resolving issues as they occur
- Coordinate with ITSAM to ensure that Norfolk Southern is properly licensed for the software applications it has deployed and monitor license compliance
- Foster & maintain a spirit of teamwork with IT leadership, Financial Planning, Budget, Sourcing, and Vendors
- As necessary, coordinate with Assistant Manager of IT Shared Services to ensure process alignment on HR and Finance sides
- SAP BW and BPC, MS Office with focus on Excel and Power Point
- Demonstrated positive interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated highest degree of integrity and appropriate handling of confidential and sensitive information
- Demonstrated high-level of attention to details
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task, work independently, efficiently and effectively
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the IT, Financial Planning, Budget and Sourcing organizations
- Results Driven
- Basic project management capability
- Bachelor's degree with focus in Finance and Accounting preferred.
- Finance and Budget capacity and knowledge
- Knowledge of SAP tools
- Knowledge of PowerPlant tools
- Knowledge of IT policies and procedures
- Knowledge of and Experience interacting with IT PMO
- IT Data Analyst
- Budget Analyst
- Budget Planning Coordinator
- Budget & Planning Analyst
- Manager IT Shared Services
- Asst Manager Budget
Shift Work: No
Weekend Work: Yes
Travel Required: 0 - 2 Days per MonthCompany Overview
Norfolk Southern Corporation (NYSE: NSC) is one of the nation's premier transportation companies. Its Norfolk Southern Railway Company subsidiary operates approximately 19,500 route miles in 22 states and the District of Columbia, serves every major container port in the eastern United States, and provides efficient connections to other rail carriers. Norfolk Southern operates the most extensive intermodal network in the East and is a major transporter of coal, automotive, and industrial products.
We are a team of more than 27,000 employees working together to maintain our reputation as "The Thoroughbred of Transportation". As an industry leader, Norfolk Southern offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package.
Norfolk Southern is an equal opportunity employer including veterans and disabled.
Apply on company website