DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
We are seeking a hospital-based Medical Technologist like you to join our organization.
Integrated Regional Laboratories (IRL) is a full service provider for clinical laboratory and anatomic pathology services, providing hospitals, physicians, and clients with timely diagnostic information for patient care. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
We offer you competitive salary, a generous benefit package and growth opportunities. Your benefits include 401(K), PTO, medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program.
Perform accurate and timely laboratory testing
- Analyze proficiency testing samples according to instructions and complete within the allowable time frame
- Complete all required records/documentation pertaining to patient results
- Perform stat procedures within established turnaround time targets
- Demonstrate the ability to use good judgment and independent thinking in the correlation and interpretation of patient results. (Including performing delta checks, etc.)
- Review pending logs (OSR) and result logs; resolve any outstanding workload or communicate to staff relief
- Perform quality control procedures per protocol
- Monitor quality control results
- Take pertinent corrective action when the patient, control, standard, calibration and/or proficiency results are not within appropriate guidelines
- Perform equipment troubleshooting to resolve basic equipment malfunctions
- Assist in monitoring reagents and supply inventories and utilize them appropriately
- Handle all problem and/or critical laboratory specimens/test results according to established procedures and in a timely manner
You Should Have:
A 2-Year/Associate Degree in Science is required
- A 4-Year/Bachelor Degree in Medical Technology is preferred
- A State of Florida Technologist License OR the ability to obtain a license during the interview process
- ASCP or similar certification is very helpful
- 1-3 years of previous experience in clinical laboratory setting
- Ability to work during disasters
IRL is a member of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare. HCA Healthcare Ranks on Fortune's list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years. In addition, we have also been named one of Ethisphere's World's Most Ethical Companies.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply today. We promptly review all applications, and are actively interviewing. We are very excited to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website