SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
NFRMC is a 510 bed, full-service medical and surgical acute care center serving North Central Florida for over 49 years. NFRMC offers comprehensive cardiovascular care, oncology, orthopedics, neurosciences, minimally-invasive laparoscopic and robotic surgery, weight loss surgery and treatment, women's health and wound therapy, among other services. NFRMC is fully accredited by the Joint Commission, is certified as a Comprehensive Stroke Center, an Accredited Chest Pain Center by ACC (American College of Cardiology), and is designated as a Blue Distinction Center for Spine Surgery and Bariatric Surgery. NFRMC has also received the highest scores available recognizing their commitment to patient safety and quality of care.Position Description: The Psychiatric Health Technician assists the professional nursing personnel by performing patient care, activities, and specific tasks under the direction supervision of an RN or LPN in accordance with the philosophy, goals and objectives of North Florida Regional Medical Center. The Psychiatric Health Tech functions as a member of the therapeutic team within limits as designated by policies and procedures. The employee follows policies and procedures of North Florida Regional Medical Center. The employee participates in the Quality Improvement process and adheres to NFRMC standards of behavior.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED) preferred.
- Enrolled in nursing school or 6 months patient care experience in at least one of the following areas: CNA, EMT, PCA, Paramedic, nursing home, hospital, or equivalent experience.
- Completion of an approved CNA program with direct patient care experience and/or 6 months experience at North Florida Regional may be substituted for the above experience requirement.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
Demonstrated skills in service excellence, critical thinking, good interpersonal communication skills, ability to read/comprehend written instructions, ability to follow verbal instructions and basic computer usage skills are needed.
- CBHT (Certified Behavioral Health Technician) preferred.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) through American Heart Association required.
- Current CPI (Crisis Prevention Intervention) required within 30 days of hire.
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D. Tobacco Free Campus
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website