DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
North Florida Regional Healthcare is an organization centered around the community hospitals in Gainesville, Florida -- North Florida Regional Medical Center (NFRMC) . NFRMC is a 432-bed, full-service medical and surgical acute care center serving North Central Florida and offering comprehensive cardiovascular care, oncology, orthopedics, neurosciences, minimally-invasive laparoscopic and robotic surgery, weight loss surgery and treatment, women's health and wound therapy, among other services. You are worth more than a paycheck. Our Benefits Raise the Bar: 401(k) with an employer match up to 9% Employee Stock Purchase Plan Tuition Reimbursement Paid Family Leave Medical Plan Options, Dental & Vision And much more!
SURGICAL TECHNOLOGIST - CERTIFIED POSITION DESCRIPTION: Responsible for the direct and indirect nursing care of patients as determined by the registered nurse. Responsible for the supervision of assigned personnel.
- Completes all assigned procedures and therapies within the specific time frame.
- Reports supply and equipment needs to the team leader and/or charge nurse.
- Assists with the transfer of patients.
- Assists physician in the performance of select procedures.
- Operates specialty equipment per manufacturer's recommendation and/or policy and procedures.
- Assists with providing care for the patient both pre-, intra, and post-specialized procedure.
- Assists with transporting and positioning patient on the operating bed, specific to operative procedure, type of anesthetics to be used, and use of protective devices as indicated.
- Performs item counts to include but not limited to: sponges, sharps, vessel loops/umbilical tapes, bovie cleaner, pre-, intra, and post operatively.
- Take appropriate action if item count is not correct and informs the appropriate staff.
- Monitors patient's response to surgical intervention intra-operatively and reports status to RN circulating nurse.
- Prepares medication for operative field according to hospital policy with assistance from circulating nurse and/or surgeon; correct route and label appropriately.
- Organizes supplies, instrumentation of operative field under the supervision of the RN.
- Collects labels specimens for diagnostic lab per hospital policy and procedure.
- Practices hands-free passing of sharps utilizing the "safety zone technique", and agreed upon area to place sharps after each use to prevent sharps exposures. Ensures that the container/holder for the cautery is in place.
- Maintains vigilance for breaks in technique and informs the RN circulator.
- Prepares OR room for subsequent procedure in a timely manner being conscious of the 30 minutes turnover time.
- Performs other related functions as assigned.
- Must be able to take call, and return to the hospital within 30 minutes of call-back.
QualificationsPosition Qualifications: Education:
- Completion of an approved program for surgical technologists.
- Prior Surgical Tech experience and/or training.
- Demonstrated communications and customer service skills, success in organizing work and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
- Certification as a Surgical Technologist
- BLS through American Heart Association
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D. Tobacco Free Campus
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website