DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
HCA has been recognized as a World's Most Admired Company in the Health Care Medical Facilities Industry by Fortune Magazine. The Ambulatory Surgery Division of HCA operates and jointly owns with physicians 130+ surgery centers across the United States. Our cases are performed Monday-Friday which means NO nights, NO weekends, or on-call will be required. The size of our surgery centers naturally creates a culture where everyone knows one another with a shared focus on providing the best possible experience for those that we serve. We are currently in search of additional members to join our team!
Video- ASD RN
A few of the benefits we provide you:
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Full Medical, Dental, Life, Disability and Vision Insurance
- 401k (3%-9% match based on tenure)
- New Extended Family Leave and PTO
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Discount Program
- Prepares patient care area adequately before case and ensures availability of necessary equipment and supplies.
- Greets patient and family in a timely manner and keeps them informed of any delays/changes.
- Verifies two patient identifiers utilizing the armband prior to any interventions.
- Conducts complete patient assessment and evaluation of each patient prior to surgery or treatment, which includes review of patient history and diagnostic tests, physical, and psychological assessment.
- Assess patient's understanding of procedure and checks surgical consent for accuracy and completeness. Obtains and witnesses patient's signature if needed.
- Consistently reviews charts for completeness, in accordance with clinical protocols, prior to surgery (i.e. consents, H/P, diagnostic studies, assessments, home medications list, etc.)
- Ensures that H/P is a complete full examination of all body systems and dated within 30-days prior to procedure.
- Ensures that H/P, orders for the procedure, and consent form are consistent prior to placing in medical chart.
- Verifies surgical site verbally with patient per policy.
- Participates in the anesthesia time-out process if performed in the pre-op area prior to administration of pre-operative blocks or prior to the induction of anesthesia.
- Initiates intravenous therapy as prescribed, utilizing aseptic technique utilizing appropriate IV start kit, catheter and fluid. Ensures that medication is labeled appropriately.
- Administers pre-operative medications as prescribed and utilizes safety medication practices (i.e. aseptic preparation, labeling medications, identifying high alert and independent check medications, 7 medication rights, narcotic waste, etc.). Monitors patient until transferred to OR.
- Monitors patient if IV sedation given in pre-op setting to assure patient maintains airway and vital signs are stable. Administers oxygen and provides continuous monitoring and support as needed.
- Demonstrates knowledge/understanding of pain blocks and is readily available to assist anesthesia as needed.
- Nursing Diploma
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a PACU or ICU setting; preferably in an ambulatory surgery center.
- Additional specialty experience may be required as per facility practices (i.e. Pediatric, GI, etc.)
- Active RN license as required by state of employment or appropriate compact licensure.
- Required valid BCLS Certification upon employment. ***online certification not acceptable.
- ACLS required.
- PALS as required by facility
“We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.”
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website