SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Are you looking for a company that places integrity over their bottom line? Here at HCA Healthcare, our everyday decisions are founded on compassion. Apply today and join a team that is dedicated to serving others in need.
We are seeking a Pharmacy Technician for our center to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
The Pharmacy Technician shall, under the supervision of a Pharmacist, perform record-keeping, drug procurement, drug packaging, drug distribution, patient billing, and projects related to the practice of Pharmacy.
- Assists in the procurement of drugs (prepares purchase orders, places drug orders with wholesalers, receives drugs and stores/controls received drug products, procures medications in emergency situations, loan/borrow process). Shares responsibility for the control and management of the pharmacy inventory.
- Assists in the proper packaging and labeling of drug products (unit dose solids and liquids, parenteral solutions, bulk compounding, crash cart tray maintenance, bulk reconstitution, barcoding, and extemporaneous compounding).
- Assures the accurate and timely delivery of medications.
- Assists in the processing of medication orders (fills drug orders, types proper labeling, maintains proper medication records/profiles, reconstitutes prefabricated oral medications, compounds IV admixtures, delivers and ensures the proper storage of products on patient care areas). Assists the Pharmacist and coworkers by performing all necessary tasks. Leaves concrete example for supervision. Communicates concerns related to drug distribution. Demonstrates the ability to organize and prioritize job tasks. Communicates and coordinates workflow concerns to coworkers. Accurately fills medication orders, fill lists, and automated dispensing systems under the supervision of the Pharmacist.
- Assists in the processing of patient charges (derives and enters patient charges and credits into the clinical patient care system).
- Assists in the delivery and proper storage and control of drug products in patient care areas.
- Assists in the maintenance of automated drug floor stock for patient care areas.
- May perform drug storage area unit inspections. Works with the Lead Technician and the care area supervisors to rectify storage/control problems.
- Assists in the record-keeping, control, distribution, and final disposition of controlled substances. Works with patient care area supervisors to rectify related discrepancies. Controls controlled substance inventories in the Pharmacy Department as well on the nursing units.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Licensure/Certification/Registration: Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) required.
Education: Satisfactory completion of a formal technician training course or on-the-job-training.
Experience: Previous experience in hospital pharmacy desired.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: As defined in competencies, P&Ps, and Job Description.
Driver's License/Vehicle: Occasional shifts require driving to deliver to free-standing emergency departments; technician needs access to a personal vehicle on days scheduled for these shifts, a valid driver's license, and a current auto insurance policy.
Degree of Supervision Required:
Minimal. Individual proceeds on his/her own initiative, in compliance with applicable policies, law, regulations, practices and procedures prescribed by his/her immediate supervisors.
North Suburban Medical Center is the highest-quality hospital in north Denver. As a member of the HealthONE family of hospitals, North Suburban is one of just two hospitals in the state of Colorado to be named a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures each of the last five years. In addition, North Suburban is the only hospital in north Denver to receive an “A” rating on the Leapfrog Group's biannual patient safety ratings the last nine surveys. North Suburban has been honored by the Women's Choice Awards as one of America's Best ERs and one of America's Best Hospitals for Patient Safety. Licensed for 157 beds, North Suburban is located in Thornton, Colorado, a 10-minute drive from downtown Denver.
We are a family 270,000 strong! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications immediately. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website