The Northeast Arc helps people with disabilities become full participants in the community; choosing for themselves how to live, learn, work, socialize and play.
One of the most innovative agencies in the state serving children and adults with disabilities, Northeast Arc was founded in the 1950's by parents with the courage and determination to ensure their children and others with disabilities will always have every opportunity to live and thrive in the community.
The Day Support Specialist provides direct care and skill training for all assigned individuals in a day habilitation setting, to promote the highest level of independence and satisfaction in their daily activities.
The schedule is: Monday - Friday 8:00am - 4:00pm
- Hands on direct personal care with adults with developmental disabilities and mental health and/or medical challenges
- Implementing goal oriented and varied programming in a supportive setting within a team of dedicated professionals
- Serves as a role model for individuals in developing expected behaviors and assist in developing interactive skills. Provide crisis intervention as needed.
- Case management responsibilities involve daily documentation, quarterly reviews and giving feedback to our interdisciplinary team
- Professional communication within the program and divisional team as well as stakeholders such as families, residential vendors etc
- Participate in ongoing trainings and certifications specific to role requirements
- Relates to individuals in a manner which maximizes human dignity, community integration and opportunities for self-direction.
- High School Diploma or GED. Minimum of one year experience working with intellectually and/or developmentally disabled adults or health care setting.
- Self-motivated team player with a positive, energetic and professional demeanor. Solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate and write in English. Compassionate, creative and able to work well with individuals with diverse needs.
- Ability to maintain First Aid/CPR and other certifications as required.
- Must possess a valid driver's license
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be able to stand for 1 hour uninterrupted
- Must be able to bend and push wheelchairs
What We Offer You!
- Generous time off (holiday, vacation, sick)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Health Insurance
- Life insurance
- Retirement plan
- Other benefits
Northeast Arc is one of the largest employers on the North Shore, and we pride ourselves on offering a comprehensive and excellent benefits package. Please visit us at: http://www.ne-arc.org/about-us/careers/benefits/ for a more detailed explanation of benefits.
Apply on company website