Looking to join one of Massachusetts' most innovative and committed organizations? Northeast Arc is a premier provider of services devoted to strengthening the abilities of all. We are a non-profit human services provider located in Danvers. We are a mission-driven agency committed to changing lives and discovering abilities. Whether it's the individuals we serve or our employees who support them, we know that each person has a unique set of skills and contributions to make. Northeast Arc prioritizes inclusion and diversity. We value the individual perspectives, cultures and approaches that our employees bring to make us one of the most innovative organizations in human services!
Our Personal Care Management department is looking for a full time Intake Skills Trainer to join our growing team!
Job Summary: Supports consumers through the intake and orientation process of the Personal Care Attendant program to ensure proper onboarding and education.
- Completes an in-person initial determination of the consumer's eligibility for the PCA program within 10 business days of receipt of the referral.
- Completes consumer assessment to manage PCA Services. If a Surrogate or Administrative Proxy is required, conducts an assessment of them.
- Maintains all documentation related to initial determination in the consumer record.
- Provides in-person intake and PCA program orientation for each consumer, and Surrogate or Administrative Proxy, as applicable.
- Informs the consumer/surrogate/administrative proxy of the responsibility of a Consumer to enroll with Fiscal Intermediary by completing and signing the Consumer Agreement prior to employing PCAs and provide support with these processes and paperwork as necessary.
- Assists in coordination of RN and OT clinical evaluation of new consumer.
- Provides additional in-person Intake and Orientation sessions as necessary to ensure consumer/surrogate/administrative proxy are fully prepared to manage PCA services independently.
- Documents all contacts and activity in database within designated timeframes.
- Serves as primary contact for consumer/surrogate/administrative proxy until member is fully active in program.
- Supports Intake Coordinators with processing of referrals, as needed.
- Support PCM Skills Trainers with annual visits or other duties, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree in Human Services or related field required, Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Prior experience in human services, experience as a Skills Trainer preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and customer services skills.
- Excellent organization and communication skills.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications, solid computer skills.
- Valid driver's license and reliable transportation required.
- Bilingual candidates encouraged to apply.
Apply on company website