Northeast Arc is an exciting place to work with excellent career opportunities. We have flexible hours and geographic areas, a passionate and supportive team, and great pay! Come join a company that supports over 9,000 families throughout Massachusetts!
Our Recreation Department is looking for part time and per diem staff to join its team!
Job Summary: In collaboration with the Recreation Manager, Director and the Recreation Specialist staff, implements and manages community-based programs and events offered through the Northeast Arc Recreation Department.
- Aids the Recreation Manager, Lead Recreation Specialist and Director of Recreation in the delivery of community based athletic, adventure, Art, social and educational programs, events, trips and workshops.
- Assists the Recreation Department and or their designated program lead in the supervision of volunteers during the delivery of programs, events, trips and workshops.
- Handles financial transactions, securely, accounts for receipts and documents program payments.
- Assists in program documentation as needed.
- Assists the Recreation Manager and lead recreation specialist to ensure that the needs of participants are being met.
- Ensures that the program environment is prepared, sanitized per the Recreation Covid-19 guidelines, orderly and safe, prior to the arrival and departure of participants.
- Maintains close contact with Recreation Manager and Director regarding incidents, their documentation and is accountable for the submission of mandated reporting.
- Attends periodic supervision and trainings with the Recreation Manager and Director regarding the development and implementation of programming and job performance.
- Maintains their schedule via Kronos, clocks in and out, provides 24-48-hour notice for calling out and coordinates with the Program Manager for requesting time off and/or obtaining coverage for a scheduled shift.
- Maintains a safe work environment as determined by NE-Arc Policies.
- Always follows Universal Precautions.
- Follows and maintains the Recreation and Northeast Arc Covid-19 guidelines set in place.
- Wear personal protective equipment (i.e. gloves, masks, eyewear, etc.) as necessary.
- Acts as program leader upon request with duties to include:
- Leading the implementation and management of programs, community outings, events and workshops.
- Overseeing volunteers.
- Assisting the Recreation Manager and Director by contributing input towards effective development and implementation of program and special events.
- Works to account for attendance and distribute invoices provided by the Program Manager or Lead Recreation Specialist for each attendee at each session s/he manages.
- Aids the Recreation Manager or Lead Recreation Specialist with communications with participants, families, and support staff as well as with external organizations and agencies as/if needed.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Must be 18 years or older with a minimum of a High School diploma. Some college experience is preferred.
- Prior experience working with individuals with intellectual and/or physical disabilities is a plus.
- Prior experience in the field of Recreation and Leisure is preferred.
- Valid drivers license and reliable transportation required.
Schedule: Ideal candidates will be available to work at least two (2) of the following shifts
Monday 4pm-8pm, Tuesday 4pm-8pm, Wednesday 4pm-8pm, Thursday 4pm-8pm, Friday 5:30pm-9pm, Saturday 10am-2pm or 1pm-4pm
Apply on company website