DescriptionSHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Registered Nurse, Labor and Delivery Full Time (0.9 FTE), Night Northwest Medical Center
Margate, FL Facility Description:
Northwest Medical Center is a 289-bed medical center and healthcare complex, continuously expanding and incorporating the latest technology in the delivery of care. Awarded the Gold Seal of Approval™ from the Joint Commission which indicates our high standards in performance providing the highest level of services to the population to our community. Northwest Medical Center is also certified by the Joint Commission as primary stroke center and an accredited chest pain center by the American College of Cardiology. We are recognized as a Comprehensive Bariatric Center of Excellence by the American College of Surgeons Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program.
Our facility continues growing to meet the needs of the community we serve and features expanded capabilities in emergency, critical care, as well as women's and children's services. Out state of the art maternity care includes the only Level III NICU in northern Broward County. The breadth and depth of these service lines translates to increased professional opportunities for our colleagues. We invite you to join a dynamic team of dedicated healthcare professionals and explore your grow potential.Benefits: We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, and employee stock purchase program.
Job Description: The Labor and Delivery RN provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assesses, plans and evaluates patient care needs including obtaining patient history and assessing for labor risk factors.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Cares for patients requiring fetal assessment/fetal monitoring.
- Manages the patient's pain including epidural and patient controlled analgesia administration management.
- Administers prescribed medications and monitors vital signs.
- Assists physician during delivery, treatment, examination and surgical procedures.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required
- FL RN Licensure, or Recognized Compact Licensure (subject to Florida State Licensing Requirements, including/not limited to ongoing eligibility and duration provisions)
- Must have 2 years of RN experience in acute care setting
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
- Graduate of a school of nursing
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website