SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
House Supervisor Administration-Registered Nurse (RN)
PRN FTE 0.001Northwest Medical Center Margate, FL Facility Description:
Northwest Medical Center is a 289-bed medical center and healthcare complex, continuously expanding and incorporating the latest technology in the delivery of care. Awarded the Gold Seal of Approval™ from the Joint Commission which indicates our high standards in performance providing the highest level of services to the population to our community. Northwest Medical Center is also certified by the Joint Commission as primary stroke center and an accredited chest pain center by the American College of Cardiology. We are recognized as a Comprehensive Bariatric Center of Excellence by the American College of Surgeons Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program.
Our facility continues growing to meet the needs of the community we serve and features expanded capabilities in emergency, critical care, as well as women's and children's services. Out state of the art maternity care includes the only Level III NICU in northern Broward County. The breadth and depth of these service lines translates to increased professional opportunities for our colleagues. We invite you to join a dynamic team of dedicated healthcare professionals and explore your grow potential.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, and employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
We are looking to hire a dedicated and passionate House Administration Supervisor-Registered Nurse (RN) to provide safe and effective nursing care to all patients utilizing the nursing process. The staff member must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care based on physical, psychosocial, educational needs, safety needs and related criteria appropriate to the age(s) of the patients served in the assigned position. As a House Administration Supervisor-Registered Nurse (RN), some of your primary responsibilities will be to:
- Coordinate admissions and room transfers.
- Demonstrate knowledge of inpatient admission and 23-hour observation criteria as per Interqual IS/SI criteria.
- Contact and coordinate OR Team for emergency surgery.
- Demonstrate ability to schedule GI procedures.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and complies with infection control policies as applicable.
- Communicate actual/potential infection control concerns to the Infection Control Coordinator in a timely manner.
- Assure personal protective equipment is available and appropriately used.
- Communicate with Administration, Medical Staff, Employees and other departments to coordinate efforts and address concerns.
- Complete Administrative Supervisor Census Report.
- Update schedule changes in ANSOS and Master Staffing Book.
- Assess, validate patients needs, census and LUR prior to agency utilization.
- Validate appropriate paperwork of agency personnel and assures evaluations are completed as per Hospital Policy and Procedures.
- Consistently manages time, personnel and resources, completes projects and assignments in allotted time, completes annual employee evaluations within two (2) weeks of anniversary date as requested.
- Delegates tasks to personnel based on current competency and patient care needs.
- Consistently demonstrate ability to utilize nursing personnel to their potential, setting professional standards on nursing unit, communicating expectations to staff, assuring adequate competent staffing on a daily basis.
- Adhere to all provisions of EMTALA.
- Investigate patient, family, visitor, staff, physician concerns and takes immediate action toward resolution, including follow-up. Notifies appropriate department head for follow-up.
- Administer medications according to the Seven (7) Rights.
- Meet the needs of the dying patient and family and provides for emotional and spiritual support.
- Demonstrate skill and care of central lines/ VAP/IV Therapy based on current guidelines.
- Assure appropriate monitoring of patient when restrained.
- Consistently demonstrates effective decision making skills in the management of patient care, assisting in problem resolution, identifying potential critical situations and initiating immediate action.
- Current RN License in the State of Florida
- Recognized Compact Licensure (subject to Florida State Licensing Requirements, including/not limited to ongoing eligibility and duration provisions)
- Bachelors degree in Nursing (BSN) required.
- Masters Degree in Nursing or Allied Health preferred.
2 years of Management experience as a full-time or relief CN, or Clinical Manager
Experience with Meditech, ANSOS
- Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification.
- Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Certification.
- Current Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) Certification preferred.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website