DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Registered Nurse (RN) Recovery- Post-Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU) Full Time Day Shift 0.9 FTE Northwest Medical Center
Margate, FL Facility Description:
Northwest Medical Center is a 289-bed medical center and healthcare complex, continuously expanding and incorporating the latest technology in the delivery of care. Awarded the Gold Seal of Approval™ from the Joint Commission which indicates our high standards in performance providing the highest level of services to the population to our community. Northwest Medical Center is also certified by the Joint Commission as primary stroke center and an accredited chest pain center by the American College of Cardiology. We are recognized as a Comprehensive Bariatric Center of Excellence by the American College of Surgeons Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program.
Our facility continues growing to meet the needs of the community we serve and features expanded capabilities in emergency, critical care, as well as women's and children's services. Out state of the art maternity care includes the only Level III NICU in northern Broward County. The breadth and depth of these service lines translates to increased professional opportunities for our colleagues. We invite you to join a dynamic team of dedicated healthcare professionals and explore your grow potential. Benefits:
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, and employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
We are looking for a passionate and dedicated Registered Nurse (RN) to work in our Post-Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU). The Registered Nurse must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care based on physical, psychosocial, educational, and safety needs. As a Registered Nurse (RN), some of your primary task and responsibilities will be to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of specific disease process, treatments, interventions and response based on age specificity.
- Continuously prioritizes patient needs on assessment/reassessment findings.
- Assess patient upon arrival to the unit and reassesses at least every fifteen (15) minutes in PACU.
- Interpret data to determine change in patient's status and takes appropriate measures including notification of physician.
- Recognize and report signs and symptoms of abuse and neglect to physician, Department Supervisor and appropriate agency.
- Confirm identify of patient.
- Evaluate vital signs on arrival to PACU.
- Observe skin condition.
- Note level of consciousness.
- Determine physical mobility.
- Report deviations of diagnostic studies.
- Communicate/document physical health status..
- Develop and implement an interdisciplinary age-specific patient Plan of Care utilizing and integrating all available relevant patient data in accordance with the department's standards.
- Verify allergies upon arrival.
- Organize nursing activities in logical sequence.
- Maintain adequate oxygenation through use of appropriate devices.
- Assure maintenance of normal body temperature using room temperature control, warm blankets, warmed IV fluids and/or patient warming units.
- Assures maintenance of fluid and electrolyte balance through monitoring of IV fluids, drains and laboratory studies (Intake and Output).
- Maintain physiologic stability by assessing vital signs and treating abnormal values as directed by physicians' orders.
- Demonstrate awareness of the individual rights of the patient.
- Address all patients by name.
- Serve as an advocate for patient/family/SO regarding decisions affecting the Plan of Care.
- Introduce self as caregiver.
- Communicate and document Plan of Care.
- Current Florida RN License or Recognized Compact Licensure (subject to Florida State Licensing Requirements, including/not limited to ongoing eligibility and duration provisions)
- CPAN/CAPA/CCRN preferred
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification through the American Heart Association required
- Current Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) Certification (within 90 days of hire)
- Current Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) Certification (within 90 days of hire)
- 2 Year Associate Degree in Nursing (ASN) required
- 4 Year Bachelor Degree in Nursing (BSN) preferred
- 1-2 years of Critical Care or Post Anesthesia experience
- Meditech and cardiac monitors experience preferred.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website