You will work in a production environment, engage in continuous production activity, must meet requirements within time constraints and you will be held accountable for the quality of your work. Tasks require a mechanical assembly aptitude, an above average degree of eye-hand coordination, manual dexterity, and the use of both hands and arms on a repetitive basis for a full range of motion. This position requires frequent climbing, reaching and pulling.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Operate Sit-down Forklift.
- Operate forklift to transfer finished product in staging area or to warehouse for shipping.
- Pull out shaft that product was rolled up on and place new cores on that shaft.
- Will lift roll(s) and place them on a packing table, were a bag is placed over the finished product.
- Once wrapped with bag and tape, Packer will pick up wrapped product and place it on a pallet.
- Inspect product as it travels pad conveyor table removing any defective product.
- Set up machine to package product to specification.
- Transfer finished product from conveyor table to either mini-bagger or corrugated boxes.
- Assure all pads meet quality requirements.
- Adjust the stacker area as needed to assure centered pads.
- Help keep a watch over raw materials in process to assure continuous operations and notifying operator or assistant operator before machine is shut down.
- Keep all rollers clean when process line is down.
- Places labels on plain cartons as required or needed.
- Pull plastic bags as needed or required per product specification.
- Responsible for following all food safety policies and procedures
To select this job as one of interest to you, at a minimum, you must have the following:
- Demonstrate knowledge of mechanical assembly operations preferred
- Demonstrate the skills to use air impact tools and other hand-held tools.
- Ability to follow specific instructions and procedures and read assembly prints.
Manufacturing Experience Proffered.
MAJOR PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Standing: Most tasks are performed in a standing position with frequent walking.
- Lifting: Frequent lifting of items ranging in weight from 20 lbs. to 75 lbs. Crain Hoists are available.
- Walking: Frequent walking of short distances (approx. 200 feet or less).
- Carrying: Frequent carrying of items ranging in weight from 20 lbs. to 75 lbs. Crain Hoists are available.
- Bending: Frequent bending and crouching required to complete assembly tasks.
- Reaching: Continuous full range of motion from above the shoulders to below the knees.
Apply on company website