The National Rural Electric Cooperative Association (NRECA), with offices in Arlington, VA and Lincoln, NE is the trade association for over 900 consumer-owned electric cooperatives serving more than 42 million people. NRECA is committed to harnessing the strength of America's electric cooperatives into a single powerful voice. NRECA has won the following awards over the past few years:
• Top Workplace by the Washington Post
• 100 Best Places to Work - ComputerWorld Magazine
• 50 Best Places to Work - The Washingtonian
• CARE Award Recipient - Recognizing organizations that promote a positive work-life balance
• Best Place to Work Award Recipient - Lincoln, NE
• Gold Well Workplace - Wellness Councils of America
• State of NE Governor's Wellness Award - Grower Level
At NRECA, we work with people who are leaders in their fields. They are down-to-earth, hardworking professionals committed to helping our members serve their communities. Our work is interesting, constantly evolving, and requires new skills to meet the evolving needs of a dynamic industry. In this collegial, inclusive work environment, united around the compelling purpose and history of electric cooperatives, we thrive. And topping it off, NRECA cares about each person's overall well-being, encouraging health, financial security, and a sustainable work/life balance. EEO/AA- M/F/Disability/Protected Veteran Status/Genetic Data
Marketing Manager P.3
The Marketing Manager develops and implements integrated marketing strategies for select association initiatives, fee-for-service programs, conferences, courses, events and other educational programs. Responsible for creating campaigns rooted in strong and impactful messaging, including high-quality print pieces, as well as vibrant digital and social media campaigns. Understands audience segmentation and leverages appropriate channels to drive results among all target groups. Monitors metrics and analyzes effectiveness of approaches. This position is also project lead for the association's annual report.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Formulates and executes campaigns that position NRECA programs, products and services as the integral resources co-ops need to be successful. Develops and implements marketing plans for each audience segment and ensures plans are tied into the overall marketing strategy for NRECA.
- Responsible for creating original content for collateral materials, online promotions, social media content, videos, case studies, feature stories/articles, fact sheets, podcasts, promotional literature and advertisements to promote these programs.
- Functions as project lead for the association's annual report which entails concept development, collaboration with creative services on design, coordination with executive leadership and other association stakeholders to propose, gather, write and edit original content and coordination with internal and external partners to distribute the final product.
- As a strategic partner with the educational program manager, this individual is the marketing lead for a number of key education and training projects--developing, implementing and evaluating a strategic marketing plan and budget for each educational program and event. Responsibilities include developing messaging platforms for each event and producing creative and effective marketing materials including web content (copy, video, audio), direct mail, brochures, emails promotions, advertisements, on-site guides and social media content that are on budget, on time and attain attendance and revenue targets. Selects and works with internal and external designers and other professionals as needed.
- Develops and monitors metrics to track effectiveness of marketing efforts (web performance, email, direct mail response, participation rates) in meeting revenue goals.
- Teams with other marketing managers as needed to help implement and coordinate other departmental programs.
- Responsible for working with program managers in the creation and management of marketing budgets for NRECA programs, products and services targeting designated audiences.
- Supports senior manager, marketing and director of marketing and member communications as needed in the development of overall NRECA marketing strategy.
- Helps to ensure that the NRECA brand is appropriately reflected throughout all communications.
Direct Reports to this Position:
Requirements and Qualifications
Formal Education Required:
Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, Advertising, or a related field.
6 years marketing or advertising experience, preferably in a large organization managing integrated marketing campaigns. Experience leveraging diverse marketing channels (print, digital, social) to drive results across segmented target groups.
Experience in event marketing, direct marketing, social media and email marketing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required (as demonstrated by prior work experience):
- Knowledge of website content management systems, email marketing platforms and Adobe® applications.
Ability to communicate, both verbally and in writing, with a diverse membership, employees and/or vendors in a clear and precise manner, demonstrating proficiency of English grammar rules and editing processes.
- Ability to generate ideas in an energetic environment and create materials that engage and persuade.
- Ability to collaborate across departments to implement processes and achieve results with a track record of building and maintaining productive relationships with multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to prioritize, work quickly and manage multiple projects, timelines and deadlines as well as be adaptable and flexible in a dynamic work environment.
- Ability to establish and measure marketing metrics, and skilled in list management and marketing segmentation.
- Ability to utilize and apply database management and marketing ROI analysis.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point) in the day-to-day essential duties of the job as demonstrated by prior work experience.
- Ability to operate various office equipment such as personal computer, copier, printer, fax machine, 10-key adding machine, and multiple line telephone as demonstrated by prior work experience.
- Ability to provide service excellence by building relationships, being resourceful, responsive and respectful as demonstrated by prior work experience.
The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal and extensive reading.
Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work.
Disclaimer Statement: The preceding job description has been written to reflect management's assignment of essential functions. It does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Apply on company website