Employee Benefits Plan Analyst/Program Implementation Analyst
Category: Investment/Financial Services
The National Rural Electric Cooperative Association (NRECA), with offices in Arlington, VA and Lincoln, NE is the trade association for over 900 consumer-owned electric cooperatives serving more than 42 million people. NRECA is committed to harnessing the strength of America's electric cooperatives into a single powerful voice. NRECA has won the following awards over the past few years:
• Top Workplace by the Washington Post
• 100 Best Places to Work - ComputerWorld Magazine
• 50 Best Places to Work - The Washingtonian
• CARE Award Recipient - Recognizing organizations that promote a positive work-life balance
• Best Place to Work Award Recipient - Lincoln, NE
• Gold Well Workplace - Wellness Councils of America
• State of NE Governor's Wellness Award - Grower Level
At NRECA, we work with people who are leaders in their fields. They are down-to-earth, hardworking professionals committed to helping our members serve their communities. Our work is interesting, constantly evolving, and requires new skills to meet the evolving needs of a dynamic industry. In this collegial, inclusive work environment, united around the compelling purpose and history of electric cooperatives, we thrive. And topping it off, NRECA cares about each person's overall well-being, encouraging health, financial security, and a sustainable work/life balance. EEO/AA- M/F/Disability/Protected Veteran Status/Genetic Data
Employee Benefits Plan Analyst/Program Implementation Analyst P.2
Ensures Health & Welfare and Pension plan proposals and changes are accurately updated in internal systems. Executes and monitors processes to create and load weekly and ad hoc proposal files to the group plan administration system. Creates plan update files and transmits to vendor on a timely basis. Identifies and documents system enhancements and defects. Performs user acceptance testing for system releases.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Processes group and pension plan proposals. Verifies that individual records are updated appropriately within the established timeframe. Ensures correct adjustments and/or billing is reflected on invoices. Monitors daily, weekly, and monthly reports to verify the accurateness of plan processing. Troubleshoots and resolves displayed errors and discrepancies in a timely manner. Updates proposal statuses in the HEAT workflow system and ensure all documentation and correspondence is attached to each proposal ticket.
• Acts as lead and subject matter expert on system processing of incoming Cooperative Splits, Mergers and New Subgroups. Partners with internal staff to ensure required documentation and information has been received and approved. Serves as the Cooperative point of contact for member related inquiries and discrepancies.
• Collaborates with New Business/Market Research Advisors and Benefit Service Representatives with the onboarding and implementation of new business and plan changes.
• Proactively identifies and documents, system enhancements and defects in JIRA. Partners with Business Analyst and Developer to identify user stories and acceptance criteria. Develops test cases and performs user acceptance testing to validate that results meet requirements and business needs.
• Researches complex cases and issues and resolves problems in an efficient timely manner while maintaining a high standard of customer service.
• Performs quality reviews on proposal submissions completed by team members. Recommends procedural changes and streamlines processes by periodically reviewing workflows and quality controls. Updates approved processing procedures on Plan Implementation's Sharepoint site as needed.
• Serves as back-up to Program Implementation Advisor. Executes and monitors processes to create and load weekly and ad hoc proposal files to the group plan administration system. Creates the associated change control files and transmits to vendor on a timely basis. Produces Manual ID cards upon request. Works with vendor to resolve Health ID Card issues.
• Provides training and acts a mentor to existing and new team members.
• Responsible for the proper security and disposal of any confidential information that he or she may possess in the course of performing this position's job duties, in accordance with NRECA's Personnel & Administrative Policy and HIPAA Privacy and Security Policies & Procedures Manuals.
Requirements and Qualifications
• Bachelor's Degree or an equivalent combination of education, training and additional experience.
• 3-5 years of experience of Health and Welfare and/or Pension Benefits
• Knowledge and general experience in employee benefits industry
• Highly organized and detailed oriented
• Experience ensuring data quality in large transactional systems
• Ability to define end user system requirements and perform user acceptance testing
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills
• Exceptional customer service, verbal and written communication skills
• Experience with defining and documenting procedures
• Adept at training colleagues on business processes and systems
• Proficient in Microsoft Office specifically Excel and Access. JIRA, Sharepoint, Omni experience preferred
• Ability to work independently and within a project team structure
• The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing and viewing a computer terminal.
• Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work.
Disclaimer Statement: The preceding job description has been written to reflect management's assignment of essential functions. It does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Apply on company website