Outside Machinist Job Description:
This position is responsible for performing a variety of assembly and machining processes in a shop environment. This is a highly skilled position responsible for carrying out repairs, modifications, and manufacturing new parts as it relates to ship repair and modernization. Work includes small and large assembly, machining of steel, alloys and ship assemblies to blueprint specifications using conventional lathes, mills, VTL' s, HBM' s, grinders, as well as programmable machines.
Outside Machinist Job Requirement:
1.Must be able to comprehend instructions, drawings, and general correspondence.
2.Must have general understanding of ship repair terminology and ship compartment locationnomenclature.
3.Must be physically and medically capable of wearing all required personal protective equipment(PPE) required for the job as prescribed under OSHA standards. PPE includes hard hat, safetyglasses, steel toe shoes, goggles, respirator, safety harness, safety line, flotation gear, etc.)
4. Must be able to write comprehensive Condition Found Reports (CFR) describing the material condition of the parts and assemblies being worked and recommendations for repair.
5. Must be able to work from Process Control Procedures (PCP).
6. Must be able to use precision measurement tools.
7. Must be able to use conventional lathes, mills, VTL, HBMs, and grinders.
8. Must be able to use programmable machines.
9.Must be able to interpret drawings, sketches, tech manuals, and user manuals to the extentnecessary to repair equipment or manufacture parts.
10.Must understand applicable NAVSEA standard items.
11.Must be able to accomplish onboard valve repairs.
FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION CONTACT A RECRUITER AT: 619-795-4350
At NSC our company culture is strong! You work hard for us and in return we want to provide you with as many benefits and resources as we can:
- Medical Coverage
- Short- and long-term disability coverage
- Identity Theft Protection
- Legal Assistance
- Long Term Opportunities
- Training and Career Growth Opportunities
- The chance to be a part of an amazing team
NSC is committed to connecting good people with good jobs!
NSC is an innovative staffing firm that specializes in placing qualified skilled, technical and professional talent in virtually any market. Our meticulous dedication to Quality and Safety is a testament to our success. We are The Staffing Experts!
NSC is a drug free company. NSC is an EOE AA/M/F/VHo/D.
Apply on company website