Position Description: Manager in Training
Clayton Homes, a Berkshire Hathaway company and the nation's leading housing provider, is a vertically integrated housing company that builds, sells, and insures affordable housing.
The Manager in Training will assist the general manager with overall accountability for all sales and operational activity at his or her location. The manager is responsible for running a profitable organization within company guidelines. Their duties fall into eight (8) major categories:
- Marketing – Bringing the consumer to the Home Center.
- Personal Sales & Sales Management – All sales activity at the sales center.
- Insurance – Securing appropriate insurance based on what is best for the customers.
- Operations Management – Running all aspects of the business.
- General Management – All duties related to team members.
- Service Management – All set-up and delivery activities as well as providing world class customer service.
- Ensures location maintains compliance to all safety and environmental regulations.
- Develop and train team members to support growth of company.
- Personal sales accountability.
- Recruits, interviews and hire new Home Center team members.
- Develops marketing strategies including advertising, local promotions and merchandising.
- Maintains the cleanliness and upkeep of home center property.
- Manages the comprehensive sales activity for all sales professionals utilizing Vantage.
- Ensures all sales professionals complete weekly sales training for new Sales Professionals.
- Conducts weekly sales meeting.
- Manages and analyzes the P&L statement on a regular basis.
- Develops and executes comprehensive expense control plan.
- Orders and manages all sales center inventory.
- Pays all vendors utilizing the online PO system.
- Manages team members including, but not limited to: scheduling, payroll, performance management, progressive counseling, conflict resolution and all other issues related to managing team members.
- Ensuring company policy and procedure is administered fairly and consistently.
- Manages foreclosure process and re-markets foreclosed inventory.
- Manages all service, set-up and delivery.
- Ensures customer satisfaction is maintained at a high level
- Participate in resolving all customer complaints and disputes
- Develops business plan on an annual basis
- Sets goals with team in an effort to achieve business plan
- Cooperative and collaborative, willing and eager to work in a team environment, assist with miscellaneous duties as required
- All other duties as assigned by management
- Strong business acumen
- Stable work history
- Ability to pass both a criminal background & drug screening
- Four year college degree is preferred
- $40,000 base salary (yearly)
- A Berkshire Hathaway Company - an integrity-based organization offering unlimited career growth;
- Comprehensive Benefit Package - Medical, Dental, Life, Vision and 401k with aggressive employer match;
- Model Home Centers are closed on Sundays – we believe in offering a balanced working environment;
- Performance Perks – we offer incredible rewards for our top performers – Cruises, Resort Trips, etc;
- Training and Professional Development – online educational opportunities, training workshops, and classes
You will find much more information about Clayton Homes by visiting our website at:
7120 N DIXIE HWY
ELIZABETHTOWN, Kentucky, 42701
Job Category: Management
Apply on company website