Are you looking for a company that cares about people's lives and health, including yours? At Olympus, we help make people's lives healthier, safer and more fulfilling, every day. We're currently looking for a Classification Specialist to join us in our Center Valley or Waltham, MA office.
Let's inspire healthier lives, together.
The Classifications Specialist supports Olympus business operations by developing and executing the company's import policies and procedures with a specific emphasis on Harmonized Tariff Schedule classification, valuation, and country of origin determination. Liaising with customs brokers and agents, maintaining POA with brokers, conducting audits of brokers as deemed necessary, and managing all import records. Work cross-functionally with Olympus team members around the globe to ensure compliance with U.S. and international import regulations.
In a typical day, you will:
* Analyze, research and assign the appropriate HTS and Country of Origin for all Olympus materials.
* Manage and maintain updates to the HTS in the ERP system.
* Liaison between internal and external parties regarding preferential trade agreements, ensuring that the HTS is correct and records are updated and maintained.
* Train sourcing, engineering and other departments on the topic of valuation, Country of Origin and other fundamental customs regulations. Liaison between Olympus and customs brokers to ensure that assists are properly declared.
* Track liquidation dates and amounts of all U.S. entries.
* Answer questions and resolve issues related to documentation/data requirements of OGAs (other government agencies) for importing.
* Research and prepare duty drawback claims.
* Prepare, research and distribute monthly import cost reports.
* Maintain required records according to regulatory requirements and company policy.
* Bachelor's degree in Business/Business Administration/Supply Chain.
* Minimum 5 years of experience in trade compliance with a specific emphasis in the Customs Regulations.
* Licensed Customs Broker or interest in becoming licensed in the future.
* Provide import regulatory interpretation and guidance in the following areas: Classification, Recordkeeping, Valuation, Country of Origin, Marking, Duty Drawback and other areas.
* Proficient with the Microsoft Office platform, Oracle and SAP.
* Knowledge of U.S. and Canadian Trade Regulations.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Must be a highly organized, self-managed individual who works independently with minimum supervision and the ability to work in fast paced environment.
* Ability to analyze technical data.
* Ability to interact with fellow employees and outside contacts.
* Ability to plan, organize and set priorities.
* Ability to manage multiple priorities and multiple tasks simultaneously with strong attention to detail.
* Perform other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
We realize work isn't just a job to you.
It's a big part of your life, but not the only part. That's why we offer competitive salaries, a robust 401(k) program, annual bonus program and comprehensive medical benefits, as well as tuition reimbursement, flexible schedules, parental and adoption leave, on-site services and Colleague Affinity Networks — so you can be ready for where life can take you.
Apply on company website