Are you looking for a company that cares about people's lives and health, including yours? At Olympus, we help make people's lives healthier, safer and more fulfilling, every day. We're currently looking for a Jurisdiction and Classification Manager to join us in our Center Valley, PA or Waltham, MA office.
Let's inspire healthier lives, together.
Jurisdiction and Classification Manager will maintain responsibility for ensuring the proper jurisdiction and classification of all products, software, services, and technology under the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), and the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), the Foreign Trade Regulations (FTR) and other relevant trade compliance laws and regulations. He/ she maintains responsibility for the eventual build-out of a robust program of embedded engineering staff to ensure J&C is an integral part of the engineering process prior to the release of engineering drawings. This includes the development of procedures, work instructions and training of the engineering staff in coordination with the Trade Compliance function
In a typical day, you will:
* Comprehensive knowledge of U.S. and Canadian export laws and regulations with a specific emphasis on the Commerce Control List (CCL) and United States Munitions List (USML) under the EAR and ITAR.
* Maintain and update all policies and procedures related to trade compliance, jurisdiction and classification.
* Monitor Federal Register Notices (FRN) for EAR/CCL and ITAR/USML changes and update J&C as required.
* Prepare and submit Commodity Classification Requests (“CCATS”) or Commodity Jurisdictions (CJs) as necessary.
* Support classification effort of all new and existing parts under the Commerce Control List, U.S. Munitions List, U.S. Harmonized Tariff Schedule and the Canadian Harmonized Tariff Schedule.
* Work with the sales and manufacturing divisions on prohibited party screening, licensing and antiboycott analysis.
* Assist overseas affiliate distributors on export compliance process including shipment review, licensing and training.
* Assist with valuation, country of origin, marking and other import-related trade compliance issues when the need arises.
* Ensure J&C databases are updated with current information.
* Audit EEI records, classifications and other trade compliance information to confirm its accuracy.
* Perform other related duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering.
* Minimum 7 years of combined experience in Engineering and Export Regulations.
* Provide export regulatory interpretation and guidance in Jurisdiction and Classification
* Proficient with the Microsoft Office platform, Oracle and SAP.
* Knowledge of U.S. and Canadian Trade Regulations.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Must be a highly organized, self-managed individual who works independently with minimum supervision and the ability to work in fast paced environment.
* Ability to analyse technical data.
We realize work isn't just a job to you.
It's a big part of your life, but not the only part. That's why we offer competitive salaries, a robust 401(k) program, annual bonus program and comprehensive medical benefits, as well as tuition reimbursement, flexible schedules, parental and adoption leave, on-site services and Colleague Affinity Networks — so you can be ready for where life can take you.
Apply on company website