Are you looking for a company that cares about people's lives and health, including yours? At Olympus, we help make people's lives healthier, safer and more fulfilling, every day. We're currently looking for a Technical Sales Representative I for our Industrial Microscope group to cover our Minnesota Territory..
Let's inspire healthier lives, together.
Olympus America Inc. Scientific Solutions Group is a precision manufacturing leader, creating innovative opto-digital and analytical instrument solutions for a variety of manufacturing industries. Our employees work every day providing product and software solutions that help customers increase manufacturing productivity and maintain capital equipment and facilities. Our product solutions include industrial microscopes, ultrasonic testing equipment, XRF/XRD analytical instruments, and other related technologies. Our industrial microscope technical sales representatives are technical experts and solution providers that are very good at convincing customers to use Olympus. You will spend time creating a complete solution for customers across a wide variety of industries and applications. Your expertise in product applications, equipment demonstrations, and creating a value proposition is critical for our customers. You must have an entrepreneurial drive to target, educate, and persuade customers to use Olympus innovative product solutions. You will know when and how to introduce other Olympus technical experts and industry specialists to our customers as part of your strategy to win. Olympus products are well known within key industries that require high quality, high value, and reliable instrumentation for their critical applications. This is a position for people who want to exceed their career and financial goals.
In a typical day, you will:
* Proactively schedule sales calls with potential customers to demonstrate the value of Olympus equipment.
* Manage customer relationships at all levels and departments to maximize customer spending.
* Maintain a high level of customer activity to maximize the sales pipeline and increase closing percentages.
* Create and execute focused industry and account specific sales campaigns.
* Lead the strategic and tactical selling plan for converting customers to Olympus products and solutions.
* Use the technical specialists and market specialists in a creative way to demonstrate to customers Olympus solutions and support are the best choice.
* Creating and implementing a sales growth plan for the assigned territory and accounts.
* Continuously learn new sales skills, product applications, and territory management techniques.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree in a technical or business discipline or equivalent experience.\\1+ year experience in high end capital equipment sales or similar selling skills and training desired.
* Ability to understand how industrial machinery and manufacturing works to be able to solve customer application problems.
* Must be able to travel approximately 50% of the time in the territory.
* Proven history of success in a business to business environment.
* Experience with metrology and optical equipment is preferred.
* Ability to create and deliver persuasive, clear, and concise presentations, product demonstrations, and emails to various audiences.
* Must be able to be highly proficient with MS Office products, email and other communication techniques, and CRM systems.
* Ability to learn instrument software and interface with customer systems.
* Must be self-directed, highly motivated, and business oriented.
We realize work isn't just a job to you.
It's a big part of your life, but not the only part. That's why we offer competitive salaries, a robust 401(k) program, annual bonus program and comprehensive medical benefits, as well as tuition reimbursement, flexible schedules, parental and adoption leave, on-site services and Colleague Affinity Networks — so you can be ready for where life can take you.
Apply on company website