Are you looking for a company that cares about people's lives and health, including yours? At Olympus, we help make people's lives healthier, safer and more fulfilling, every day. We're currently looking for a Senior Programmer Analyst to join us in our San Jose, CA office.
Let's inspire healthier lives, together.
The Senior Programmer Analyst supports the Rockwell FTPC (Datasweep) and related applications used by repair centers in San Jose, Bartlett and Toronto. In this position, the candidate works with diverse technical and business teams across regions. The incumbent will also serve as the IT representative to the repair center, and be the primary point of contact on any repair system issues or questions. He/ she participates in technical and business meetings regarding software defects and enhancements.
As a Sr. Programmer Analyst working on the San Jose IT team, you will be empowered and inspired to do your best work. You will contribute to our mission by a strong customer focus, collaboration and problem-solving skills.
* Track communicate coordinate train implement and maintain system (Rockwell FTPC) enhancements as required to all affected business units and end-users.
* Write system validation/verification test protocols and scriptsin support of the implementation of new systems and system updates.
* Consult with users on day-to-day application-related issues or required enhancements with regard to system maintenance and design including scheduling and tracking all resolutions.
* Support multiple projects involving the design development and implementation of complex new and existing databases and software applications.
* Tasks include but are not limited to:
* Confer with user groups to discuss and define business needs and potential solutions based on information technology.
* Evaluate the feasibility and effectiveness of proposed alternatives to meet business objectives.
* Assist with development of project plan and budget to include estimated project milestones and time allotments.
* Estimate and allocate project resources as necessary.
* Assign work appropriately to more junior level staff members.
* Review and evaluate completed work.
* Collaborate in the development of a clear set of program performance specifications to meet user needs.
* Communicate with vendor support personnel to resolve technical problems.
* Test computer programs.
* Research analyse and recommend available computer programs that may address all or part of the user's total requirements.
* Arrange for the purchase of programming tools to facilitate the project completion.
* Conduct demonstrations of completed computer programs for users to ensure that they function properly and are acceptable.
* Develop and implement tests and standards of operation to ensure that the program is functioning properly.
* Visit user sites to test programs.
* Review all documentation for completed programs completed to ensure thoroughness and accuracy.
* Develop and deliver system operation training to end users and ITS personnel to ensure maximum operational efficiency.
* Coordinate with the Database Administrator in the design use and application of files and fields in order to eliminate or minimize redundancy and to ensure accuracy and timeliness of information retained.
* Respond in a timely manner to requests for technical assistance and guidance.
* Contribute opinions and recommendations to management concerning the job performance of staff members.
* Perform all other duties as assigned.
* Bachelors or equivalent experience required. Preferred areas of concentration include engineering and/or information technology.
* Working knowledge of Rockwell FTPC or similar MES software Working knowledge of Java programming.
* Working knowledge of software validation and verification.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft office suite.
* Minimum 5 years applications development and implementation.
* Ability to multi-task prioritize effort based on business objectives and build lasting processes to accomplish ongoing tasks.
* Strong statistical analytical and decision making skills that are quality oriented.
* Experience in coordinating activities among departments or groups.
* Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills.
* Able to work effectively with minimal supervision.
* Strong knowledge of development methodologies with problem solving skills.
* Must possess a high degree of personal organization and excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
We realize work isn't just a job to you.
It's a big part of your life, but not the only part. That's why we offer competitive salaries, a robust 401(k) program, annual bonus program and comprehensive medical benefits, as well as tuition reimbursement, flexible schedules, parental and adoption leave, on-site services and Colleague Affinity Networks — so you can be ready for where life can take you.
Apply on company website