As a Sort Manager for Ontrac you'll report directly to the HUB Manager of the facility and be responsible for managing all the sort activities and volume from Monday through Friday approximately 9PM-6AM.
What you'll do as a Sort Manager
- Manage a team of sorters / package handlers to ensure quality standards and worker environment is safe and conducive to efficient operations.
- Ensures that incoming and outgoing volume is directed to the correct destination and leaves on time. \\
- Communicates delays or any issues to the HUB Manager and anyone else that needs to know; quickly prioritizes work to prevent service failures.
- On rare occasion may need to deliver delayed packages to customers.
- Conducts pre-sort meetings, keeping employees informed of daily goals, upcoming events and maintains an open line of communication to engage employees.
- Responsible for the collection, loading and tracking of all packages per SOPs.
- Assists with daily planning of sort times and staffing; tracks attendance and manages sorter performance. Stays within budgeted labor hours for sorters adjusting staffing when necessary.
- Coordinates equipment including trailers, tractors and congears.
- Responsible for setting up company driver's routes as well as assisting in line haul planning with different vendors. Requires working knowledge of the CBA (where applicable).
- Performs any other task or assignment as deemed necessary by the organization.
What you need to be successful as a Sort Manager
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Demonstrated leadership experience motivating and encouraging others
- Team focused
- Two years of industry experience
- Comfortable using computers and basic math skills
- Shift is Monday through Friday approximately 9PM-6AM
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will work in warehouse and office environment. The employee is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The noise level is usually moderate.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job:
- The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, bend, climb, push, pull, twist or crouch.
- The physical activity associated with this position is considered high. The employee will regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Apply on company website