A Quality Assurance manager plans organizes and administers the programs and activities of the QA department. Ensures that QA works in unison with the development teams and operations to produce quality software products. Provides guidance, leadership, and visibility on QA projects and initiatives.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
· Establish and maintain standards, processes, and procedures for the QA dept to ensure software is as defect free as possible before being released to production
· Ensures consistence among the software that is deployed throughout the organization
· Active leadership within the IS department
· Management of personnel, which includes work allocation, training and problem resolution.
· Evaluates performance and makes recommendations for personnel actions; motivates employees to achieve peak productivity and performance.
· Maintains a broad knowledge of state-of-the-art technology, equipment and or systems related to QA.
· Ensures change management processes are in place and follow best practices
· Ensures test machines and production machines are as close to identical as possible
· Strong understanding of the project development life cycle, and software development life cycle
· Owns the implementation and support of various software packages that support QA and Information Systems
· Performs other duties as assigned
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS
SKILLS / EDUCATION / KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE / ABILITIES Required:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Proficiency in programming and systems development
- Expert knowledge of software applications and testing best practices
- Exceptional problem-solving and conflict resolution skills
- Must possess well-developed analytical, quantitative, and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven leadership ability
- Must work well in a team environment
- Ability to provide constructive feedback and foster a team environment
- Excellent organizational skills
· Precise attention to detailDesired:
- Bachelor's degree in a technology related field
- 5+ years of quality assurance testing experiences
- Demonstrated ability in the development and implementation of scripted testing and/or testing software
- Defect tracking and configuration management experience
- Strong understanding of change control progress
- Experience with Object Oriented Design, Service Oriented Architecture and multi-tier environments
- Solid understanding of SQL and Linux
· Solid understanding of iSeries commands and file structures
All full time team members are eligible for a benefits package that is designed to offer convenience and security to our team members and their families. Programs, resources and benefit eligibility varies based on employment status, average hours worked, location and length of service. For detailed benefits info, please click here or type http://bit.ly/ORLYBenefits in your browser.
Apply on company website