DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Osceola Regional Medical Center is a Joint Commission accredited 404-bed hospital that builds on a proud tradition of healthcare excellence in Osceola County, Florida. Osceola Regional is conveniently and centrally located in Heart of Kissimmee only minutes from Orlando, St. Cloud, Celebration and Poincina. We are committed to continually enhancing the standard of healthcare by providing services to include: Emergency Care, Trauma Care, Pediatric ER, Heart & Vascular Institute, Comprehensive Stroke Center, The Baby Suites maternity care, Neonatal Intensive Care Unit Level II, Women's Services, Behavioral Health, Orthopedics & Spine and a Graduate Medical Education Program. We also expand our care to the community with our freestanding Emergency Department at Hunter's Creek ER.Position Summary:
The Clinical Professional Development Educator enhances professional practice and the provision of quality patient care by providing evidence-based quality educational programs and activities that promote professional competency for nursing, inter-professional, and non-licensed clinical staff at the assigned facility.Orientation/Onboarding:
- Participates in the development, coordination, managing, facilitating, conducting, and evaluating of onboarding and orientation programs for nursing and other healthcare personnel.
- Provides orientation/onboarding programs to promote employee retention.
- Conducts orientation in a manner that facilitates a positive learning environment. Incorporates organizational values/culture into the orientation process.
- Promotes cost effectiveness through implementation of efficient orientation/onboarding practices.
- Serves as a role model for organizational and personal commitment to new employee success.
- Collaborates with the Education Coordinator concerning the logistics of orientation to keep all stakeholders informed.
- Collaborates with the Director of Clinical Professional Development to adjust the program based on evaluation results.
- Participates in the development, coordination, and management of facilitating, conducting, and evaluating competency.
- Comprehends and interprets competencies to staff. Serves as a role model for competent practice.
- Identifies learning needs of staff and assesses practice gaps, comparing competencies to actual practice. Plans educational content with learner engagement.
- Collaborates with the Clinical Education Market Director to review outcomes data to evaluate and refine competency management activities.
- Identifies appropriate resources for problem solving.
- Designs and identifies educational activities to address practice gaps for identified target audiences, including licensed and non-licensed healthcare personnel, in alignment with HCA and division clinical education request and development processes.
- Develops activities to achieve specific outcomes related to identified deficits or opportunities for improvement in knowledge, skill and practice. Plans educational content delivery that encourages learner engagement.
- Collaborates with Clinical Education Market Director to evaluate and adjust educational programs based on evaluations and feedback.
- Utilizes the educational process to improve professional practice and promote safe, compassionate, quality patient care.
- Incorporates organizational values/culture in educational programs, ensuring alignment with organization's policies/procedures and compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Demonstrates an understanding of adult educational theory and the ability to apply evaluation methodologies, (i.e., Kirkpatrick) into courses and curriculum to refine clinical programs.
- Supports new ideas and innovation in educational design. Utilizes current best evidence.
- Identifies resources for problem solving. Provides staff with resources and education to implement changes.
Research Evidence-Based Practice (EBP)/Quality Improvement (QI)
- Promotes and integrates the EBP in order to continuously improve practice. Conducts, encourages, facilitates, and/or participates in research, EBP, and QI in patient care settings.
- Supports research activities that align with the organizational strategic plan. Disseminates research findings through educational programs, courses, and other activities.
- Works with others to identify problems and solutions and collaboratively design and implement the change strategy. Exhibits creativity and flexibility through times of change.
- Embraces meaningful change and fosters acceptance, adoption and action toward change in others.
- Creates a supportive environment for nursing research, scientific inquiry, quality improvement, and evidence-based practice. Identifies appropriate evidence to guide practice decisions.
- Maintains and sustains practice changes using principles of implementation science.
Professional Role Development
- Identifies and develops strategies to facilitate a continuous process of maturation through lifelong learning.
- Utilizes novice-to-expert continuum when developing staff. Identifies and provides opportunities for skill enhancement and mastery.
- Assists staff to identify areas for individual growth in current role. Promotes the achievement of specialty certifications.
- Provides expertise in identifying professional development needs of individual staff. Directs staff to career advancement resources.
- Participates in lifelong learning to promote continuing personal development.
- Contributes insights and feedback for succession planning.
- Monitors the practices or operations with reference to laws, regulations, guidelines, or industry practices to assess compliance, risk, or exposure while communicating key performance indicators for the clinical education service line within the division.
- Ensures that the clinical education team develops educational content that meets the accreditation standards of the Joint Commission, Medicare, Medicaid, and similar organizations from an educational perspective.
- Assumes accountability for delivery of clinical education services and practices that create a patient-centered organization, driven by customer feedback and data.
- Ensures efficient and effective delivery of quality clinical education content and programs to drive improved clinical metrics.
- Contributes and works collaboratively with division and facility education team to support hospital-wide improvement in meeting core measures, patient safety, and service excellence goals through clinical education.
- Participates in providing simulation models in the simulation lab.
- Fosters a Service Excellence culture.
- Identifies opportunities to support improvement in internal or external customer satisfaction and/or patient experience.
- Inspires pride in HCA and organizational outcomes by developing a superior clinical identity and a culture of excellence which inspires higher expectations for care in physicians, nurses, and other clinicians.
- Assumes accountability for promoting consistent, positive patient interactions that advance the agenda of unparalleled patient service.
- Establishes a culture of accountability for effectively managing expenses and delivering cost-effective healthcare in the communities served.
- Supports strategic planning and business development within the clinical education area of responsibility, including technology advances and other opportunities to drive differentiation and support the growth agenda.
- Represents the organization positively within the community; participates in company-supported community/patient events and in-services.
- Supports external relationships which advance the organization's position within the community, to grow the business and improve the health of communities served.
- Stays abreast of regulatory changes, emerging technology, and advancements in healthcare delivery.
- Stays abreast of external factors and opportunities impacting healthcare, including political, legislative and regulatory changes, emerging technologies, and advancements in healthcare delivery. Understands the competitive landscape. Supports the organization in strategic positioning to respond to changing healthcare dynamics and market environments.
- Participates with the division education team to contribute to the development of long- and short-range operational and capital budgets aligned to business objectives.
- Provides requested data for assigned facility to assist in completing monthly operations; provides information on variances and action plans to address gaps.
- Understands impact on department performance in accordance with established budget, including the utilization of staffing, supplies, and equipment.
- Participates in the annual budget process, providing input into assigned facility expense forecasts, staffing, and supply and equipment needs. Identifies cost reduction opportunities and implements actions to achieve savings.
- 5+ years' experience in an acute care setting required
- 3+ years' experience in clinical education required
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing, Healthcare Administration or other clinical field required
- Master's Degree in Nursing, Healthcare Administration or other clinical field Preferred
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At HCA, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Equal Opportunity Employer / EOE
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website