SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Do you have the career opportunities as a Pharmacy Technician PRN you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Overland Park Regional Medical Center a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
At OPRMC, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
How we build better communities.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a Pharmacy Tech where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Pharmacy technicians assist licensed pharmacists with the preparation and distribution of prescription medications. In a hospital setting, the pharmacy technician helps fill orders for patients and ensures that they are delivered to the right units. They also help the pharmacist ensure that the pharmacy has the right amount of stock to meet patient needs.
About this unit:
- Our team is committed to patient safety, employee satisfaction, and above all else the care and improvement of human life
- By joining our team you will have the opportunity to provide excellent pharmaceutical care in a rapidly growing acute care facility amidst an ever changing healthcare environment.
- Receives and checks in medication and supplies by packing slip/purchase order/or invoice
- Maintains records of all prepackaged and compounded medications in accordance with all local and federal regulatory agencies.
- Assists the Pharmacist in the prompt and accurate processing of physician's orders to facilitate printing of medication/sterile products labels and reports as needed for patient care.
- Accurately compounds and dispenses sterile products by following Aseptic compounding of sterile products in compliance with USP Chapter 797 and established policies and procedures.
- Performs proper documentation of compounding of sterile preparations batched for single or multiple patient usage.
- Ensures medications/sterile products are prepared as scheduled, checked by a pharmacist and delivered accurately on a timely basis.
- Assists the Pharmacist in the dispensing of medications and controlled drugs to automated dispensing systems (i.e. Pyxis). Ensure that medication pick, refill and delivery through automated dispensing systems is done accurately, timely and according to established schedules and guidelines. Automated dispensing systems include meditations and anesthesia carts located throughout patient care, surgical and procedures areas.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Kansas State Board of Pharmacy registration as pharmacy technician or pharmacy intern
- Must register with the State Board of Pharmacy as a pharmacy technician or pharmacy intern within 90 days of hire
- A minimum of six month's pharmacy technician or related experience preferred
Overland Park Regional Medical Center is one of the premiere medical facilities in Johnson County. The hospital is a licensed 343-bed facility offering acute and outpatient medical care services to the Overland Park community and the surrounding areas since December of 1978. The hospital campus features four medical office buildings, two pharmacies and the offices of more than 100 physicians.
Our services include Emergency Services, a Regional Trauma Center, an Accredited Chest Pain Center, The Women's Center with Level IIIB NICU, the Human Motion Institute, advanced diagnostic imaging, a Diabetes Center and many other specialty care services. We offer the latest in technological advances and we are committed to providing every patient with the highest level of care in an environment where people, compassion, community and integrity are valued.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Pharmacy Tech opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website