Paladin Security: Making the World a Safer and Friendlier Place! Do you have superior customer service skills and a passion for helping people? Are you able to think quickly on your feet and defuse difficult situations? Your track record of handling a great deal of responsibility combined with your varied life experience and enthusiasm for a job well done make you an ideal candidate for our team! The Paladin Difference starts with our officers; we're the best because we hire the best. We believe in promoting from within, respecting people and their differences, providing high quality service and always having fun! If you think you have what it takes to join our team, we want to meet you!Job Skills / Requirements
The Campus Security Guard will work in post-secondary educational sites and provide security for students, teachers and visitors. This job may be physically demanding due to the varied physical requirements. This job requires applicants to be able to work both day and overnight shift rotations as well as weekends and holidays.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Patrol assigned areas on foot ensuring personal, building, and equipment security is safe.
- Watch for and report irregularities by completing investigations and incident reports, such as security breaches, facility and safety hazards, and emergency situations; contact emergency responders, such as police, fire, and/or ambulance personnel, as required.
- Utilize two-way radio and computer applications for communicating site activities.
- Sustain effective relationships with key stakeholders and provide specialized security services by enforcing college's rules and regulations when required.
- Offer support to any person in need such as providing good customer service when providing a security presence, such as providing direction on college campus, responding to emergency situations involving violent individuals and injuries.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Currently hold a valid Alberta Security license, or have the ability to obtain one.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong observational skills.
- Ability to make immediate decisions, while maintaining composure in emergency response situations with minimal supervision.
- Ability to walk 18/20km and stairs
Education Requirements (Any)
- High School Diploma/GED
Certification Requirements (Any)
- Valid Alberta Security License
- First Aid, CPR Level C
- Management of Aggressive Behaviour (MOAB)
Education Requirements (Any)
High School Diploma/GED
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants that are short listed will be contacted for an interview.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Paid Vacation
Apply on company website