Summary of Job Scope and Expectations:
As a key member of the Corporate FP&A, this role influences key decisions by providing insights through financial models and analyses and will report to the FP&A manager. This position supports the annual operating plan (AOP), forecasting, and management reporting functions. The Senior Financial Analyst also partners with other functional areas, such as Accounting, Supply Chain Management, Marketing, and HR to synthesize information and data into actionable reporting.
The essential functions in this job description are not all-inclusive of this job's duties and responsibilities. Reliable and dependable attendance is required.
• Develops financial models, diagnostic tools, and new analytical methods to identify trends, interpret results, and optimize profit both at the restaurant and corporate level.
• Serves as a financial modeling expert and actively looks for opportunities to improve existing tools and models within FP&A.
• Centralizes and executes corporate and operations reports, and provides insightful analyses using internal and external data.
• Performs weekly and periodic financial reporting and store budget adjustments as well as periodic forecasts and AOP.
• Works on ad hoc financial analyses with other departments/business partners. Participates in special projects as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or related field required
• Minimum five years of related experience in a retail/hospitality environment
• Successful completion of annual store training
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Ability to demonstrate and teach Panda's Mission, Values, and Culture
• Strong knowledge of statistical analysis and financial modeling
• Knowledge of the principles, concepts, and practices of accounting
• Knowledge of the restaurant industry
• Understanding of financial systems
• Strong communication (oral and written), listening, interpersonal, presentation, assessment, facilitation, and training skills
• Strong computer/technical skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
• Critical thinking and analytical skills
• Financial analysis and project management skills
• Ability to conduct financial analysis
• Ability to solve complex problems independently
• Ability to access data and produce needed reports
• Ability to assist with projects
• Ability to meet deadlines and multi-task
• Ability to work positively with other departments (“win/win”)
• Ability to present before a group
• Ability to embrace change and continuous learning
The following are Panda Leadership Competencies for Professional:
• Comfort around higher management
• Business Acumen
• Peer Relationships
• Self Knowledge
• Customer focus
• Decision Quality
• Process Management
• Integrity and trust
• Contribute to building and sustaining the Panda Mission and Culture
• Timely and accurate completion of periodic reports
• Usefulness of analyses and models, with positive feedback from business partners
• Timeliness and quality of work on ad hoc requests, analyses, and projects
POTENTIAL CAREER PROGRESSION:
The following job titles or job categories are examples of potential career opportunities and are not intended as a guarantee of promotion. These career paths can change at any time.
• Finance Specialist
• Manager, Finance
• Office conditions
Apply on company website