At Panda, we all share a common mission: "Deliver exceptional Asian dining experiences by building an organization where people are inspired to better their lives." We invest in our people because great people run great operations that will exceed our guests' expectations. Talk to any of our associates and you will experience a culture dedicated to its mission and our five fundamental values- Proactive, Respect/Win-Win, Growth, Great Operations, and Giving.
Panda Restaurant Group includes the original Panda Inn fine dining restaurants, Panda Express, our Gourmet Chinese food concept served in a fast casual environment, and Hibachi San, our Japanese grill concept. The family owned and operated company is still run by founders Andrew and Peggy Cherng.
Panda offers competitive benefits and rewarding opportunities, from entry-level positions to management. We have restaurant positions available nationwide and support center positions in Rosemead, CA. Come join the nation's largest and fastest growing Asian restaurant company.
Summary of Job Scope and Expectations:
The Senior Compensation/Finance Analyst position is responsible for assisting in the development, implementation, and administration of the company's Operations compensation programs. This position administers the Operations bonuses, the performance evaluation process and the merit pay program. The position also works on improving Operations bonus processes, including automation and preparing presentations to leadership on proposed changes to the Operations bonus programs. The Senior Compensation/Finance Analyst will perform benchmarking analysis and provide financial & people analytics.
The essential functions in this job description are not all-inclusive of this job's duties and responsibilities. Reliable and dependable attendance is required.
• Assists in the development, implementation, and administration of the company's Operations base pay program. Supports the Operations focal point compensation review process. Conducts compensation analyses to assist in updating the Operations base pay structure.
• Administers the Operations bonus programs and contributes to enhancing their design. Participates in preparing presentations on proposed changes to the bonus programs for leadership to achieve more effective program design.
• Assists in enhancing the Operations compensation processes. Works with IS on automating the Operations bonus process and implementing reporting systems & dashboard reporting.
• Assists in updating the Operations base pay structure on an annual basis based on the results of competitive analyses using specialized chain restaurant survey. Administers base pay increases for Operations management associates.
• Assists with the preparation of communications on Operations compensation administration guidelines for distribution to associates to ensure understanding and appreciation of the company's compensation and pay increase program.
• Conducts ad hoc analysis and provides metrics, analytics, & recommendations on the compensation and bonus programs.
• Conducts market research to ensure minimum wage compliance with state and federal requirements. Assists the Compensation Team in updating pay rates when new minimum wage laws go into effect.
• Monitors compensation trends and best practices, formulating recommendations for changes to compensation programs to reflect the most effective practices or to create most efficient processes.
• Bachelor's degree required; CCP certification or equivalent preferred.
• Minimum five years of experience in HR or Finance, with at least three years in Compensation preferred.
• Successful completion of annual store training.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Strong knowledge of compensation and total rewards
• Strong analytical and research skills
• Computer proficiency, including Microsoft Office Suite, with strong ability to use Excel for analysis and proficiency with PowerPoint for presentations
• Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
• Strong communication, listening, presentation, and assessment skills
• Strong relationship building skills and ability to partner with management and associates
• Ability to provide effective training on compensation and related HR processes and programs
• Ability to demonstrate and teach Panda's Mission, Values, and Culture
Panda Restaurant Group's culture is strongly guided by our Mission and Values, highlighted on the Panda websites. We recommend all interested candidates become familiar with our Mission and Values, as well as the principles of The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, by Stephen Covey. Panda Restaurant Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply on company website