Director, Area Operating Partner - B - Minneapolis North
Area Operating Partner
The Area Operating Partner is responsible for facilitating the world class execution of Panera operating systems in the retail market by translating brand objectives to front-line management and associates. This means to deliver great experiences to associates and customers in a way that creates loyalty and trust. To create and grow value in the market through growing sales and delivering profit growth.
Duties & Responsibilities
- People Development: The AOP is responsible for the recruitment, hiring, development and succession planning for the cafés including the baking organization. Follow-up on the learning paths for the GM's, Managers and Associates, including facilitating.
- Strategic Planning: The AOP is responsible for creating a vision for the market focused on marketing initiatives to build sales and cost control processes. Ensuring the processes are in place to deliver the vision is a key responsibility.
- Administrative: The AOP is responsible for multiple approvals within the facilities, remodels and new unit growth. The AOP is also responsible for coordinating roll outs of new products and processes. Managing payroll processes and approvals is a key administrative process for the AOP.
- Business Analysis: The AOP needs to complete weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual business analysis to diagnosis trends and understand business opportunities internally and externally.
- Audit: The AOP is responsible for ensuring the cafes are in compliance with Operational Standards, specifically food safety standards required by Panera. These processes include a minimum of 1 OEA audit per café, per quarter.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- A firm understanding of business outcomes (sales drivers, profit drivers, reading P&L and daily financial reports)
- Ability to comfortably use e-mail, Microsoft Office, the Internet, and other basic computer functions
- Must be self-motivated, have the ability to prioritize schedule, manage a calendar, and have strong organizational skills
- Must be a strong motivator, with the ability to inspire teams to perform at a high level
- Must have strong coaching skills to continuously develop their team
- Must have a strong work ethic, with the ability to work long and unusual hours
Education Level: Four-year college education
Job Related/Industry Experience: 5 to 8 years
Saint Louis Support Center
Apply on company website