Director Human Resources, Supply Chain and Manufacturing
The Director of Human Resources for Supply Chain and Manufacturing Operations is responsible for the development and execution of strategic human resources initiatives. The Director provides leadership within Supply Chain and Manufacturing departments to ensure Human Resources is a full business partner, contributing to the people aspects of the business. The Director is responsible for overall direction of Human Resources activities and tools for positive employee relations, associate satisfaction and engagement, staffing, selection and on-boarding, training and development, policy development and support for organizational development, effectiveness and change.
Duties & Responsibilities
This position requires strong partnerships with the Supply Chain, Manufacturing and Panera Support Center HR teams to ensure alignment of company-wide HR initiatives into the business unit's strategies. Provide strategic and tactical leadership to link HR best practices to business objectives, including policy development and enforcement, workforce planning and skills training needed to support the continued growth of the Supply Chain and Manufacturing departments.
This position has overall responsible for FDF (Fresh Dough Facilities) Operations human resource function and is viewed as Panera/FDF “conscience” and “keeper of the culture” and instrumental in assisting with the development of overall strategies to effectively manage the FDF facilities.
The primary responsibilities of this job include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as the HR leader and business partner to Supply Chain, Manufacturing, and Support Teams. This includes proactive planning, coaching, and solid HR generalist expertise.
- Strong focus on creating positive working environments to maintain a union-free workforce and ensure management and associate relations remain collaborative and supportive.
- Partner with Panera Support Center to implement talent management, compensation, learning and development and benefit strategies that align with overall business needs and Panera's future.
- Partner and lead
- Oversee the staffing, talent assessment, human resource and succession planning to ensure internal growth and development of all associates.
- Enhance the Supply Chain and Manufacturing culture by aligning on-boarding processes with Panera's guiding values and behaviors.
- Manage annual HR budget, implement cost effective initiatives that drive performance and plan for expenses accurately and timely.
- Handle employee and labor relations within compliance guidelines including education, training and audit controls.
- Serve as a key business partner with Panera Support Center and FDF leadership to provide the people strategic focus for the purpose business planning.
- Consult, advise and counsel, as needed, with Supply Chain Leadership, FDF leadership and Regional Human Resource Managers (RHMs) on employee relation issues to ensure fair and equitable treatment all associates and management staff.
- Provide proactive coaching, counseling and guidance to the Regional HR staff and leadership in areas of best practices, policy interpretation, compensation and benefits, training/learning development, and proactive conflict resolution.
- Assist HR staff to mediate conflict with management and associates.
- Conduct Human Resources and Training Needs Analysis and develop strategies to deliver improved performance, associate morale and retention.
- Ensure appropriate recruiting and selection strategies, programs, systems and metrics are developed and implemented to support the business unit's needs.
- Oversee employee training and development programs including; associate and management training, talent acquisition, bench strength/succession planning and individual improvement plans.
- Proactively assess departmental (Supply Chain, Manufacturing, HR) training needs and ensure appropriate programs are developed and implemented to address needs.
- Ensure compliance of all federal, government, state, local and safety/OSHA regulations.
- Continually assess and evaluate HR practices for recommendation and implementation of industry best practices, programs and systems to support Supply Chain and Manufacturing operations.
- Develop HR strategic plan and initiatives that are aligned with business objectives, along with accountabilities and performance measurements for HR staff.
- Ensure that HR programs, practices, processes and systems are consistent and aligned across Supply Chain and Manufacturing operations.
- Evaluate and conduct staff annual performance evaluations and development process and coach the business unit operations through the process for timely delivery.
Qualifications (Education & Experience)
- Education: Bachelor's Degree or a combination of education and experience
- Specialized knowledge
- Customer/employee obsessed and will relentlessly partner with all members of the business to meet customer needs.
- Big picture thinker who has the ability to influence and impact the FDF leadership team and direct reports.
- Experience with change management and the ability to objectively coach employees and management through complex and difficult issue.
- Strong experience around helping to lead a company through a transformation period
- Strong communications skills (verbal and written).
- Strong problem solving, organizational and conflict management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interface with all levels of management and associates.
- Sound logic and win-win negotiation and mediation abilities to support and maintain the Panera culture management, HR staff and all associates.
- Other characteristics such as personal characteristics
- Must be an influencer with the ability to impact decisions, change and actions to meet Associate and business needs
- Minimum 10 years of progressive HR experience in manufacturing, and supply chain environments.
- Minimum 5 years of experience leading field/region HR function with multiple sites in multi-state locations.
- Required travel – 20% (post covid)
- This position will have approximately 4 direct reports.
- Regional Human Resource Managers (4).
Apply on company website