Sr Manager, Associate Experience
The Sr. Manager of Field Human Resources and Associate Experience leads a team that analyzes data and feedback to assess and monitor critical business needs and creates a strategy to close gaps in the bakery cafe associate experience. This role and their team supports the Retail Field HR Team with employee relations assistance, compliance solutions, education, and project management. As a key business partner to the retail HR team, the Sr. Manager of Field HR and Associate Experience will create and/or support human resources initiatives and be an integral part of the team. This multi-state, multi-unit generalist position is a subject matter expert on HR policies and practices, researching and/or investigating concerns, making recommendations, and leading initiatives to promote positive employee relations and process improvements.
Duties & Responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this job include, but are not limited to:
- Leads a team that provides employee relations, compliance, and project management support to the retail HR team.
- Identifies potential areas of compliance vulnerability, prioritizes risk issues, makes recommendations to address the gaps, and operationalizes systems and processes that result in legal compliance.
- Supports the design and delivery of training on various HR programs/policies for employees including but not limited to the policies and state supplements, I-9, e-Verify, wage and hour compliance, prevention of harassment/discrimination/retaliation
- Consults with operators, the Field HR Team and employees on employee relation issues and problems to ensure that employees are fairly and equitably treated, legal guidelines are followed and to create an employer-of-choice environment while protecting the brand.
- Provides guidance to leaders in the use and application of Human Resources policies and practices in recruitment, employee relations, compensation, benefits, and administration.
- Accountable for identification, prioritization, and issue resolution/escalation within established timelines. Partners with relevant Field Senior Human Resource Managers and Operations Leadership.
- Monitors and ensures that employee relations issues are consistently and effectively tracked and managed in accordance with company policy, federal, and state mandated regulations, analyzes key metrics and trends to create actionable data for coaching and development. Reviews and establishes precedents and leverages knowledge, judgment & experience to recommend a course of action and training solutions .
- Serves as a subject matter expert to HR colleagues on a variety of HR topics specifically those pertaining to policy interpretation, new policies, legislative changes, employment law, etc.
- Partners with Sr HRMs to support complex and high-risk investigations relating to discrimination, harassment, retaliation, wage & hour, and other potentially high-profile cases and recommends suitable corrective action.
Qualifications (Education & Experience)
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, equivalent degree, or equivalent related experience.
- Knowledge and experience in employment law, practices and pertinent governmental agencies (e.g.EEO, ADA, FMLA, DOL, OSHA,etc)
- 3-5 years generalist Human Resources experience in retail or the hospitality industry
- PHR or SPHR preferred
- Independent professional capable of forming relationships with diverse groups of people.
- Experience with employee relations, compliance, and project management
- Proven ability to become a trusted partner/advisor to leaders by collaborating, partnering, and influencing decisions to achieve the best possible outcomes for the organization.
- Possesses strong project management skills, particularly the ability to prioritize responsibilities within a project ensuring that it is on-budget and on schedule.
- Thrives in a challenging work environment with ability to manage competing demands and can deal with frequent change or unexpected events.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- This role works from a home office; travel is up to 25%.
- While performing this job, the incumbent is regularly required to stand, sit, talk hear & use hands and fingers to operate keyboards
Apply on company website