Broad Role for a Process or Senior Process Engineer to Support Refinery Process Units and Project Work Enjoy a Great Culture and Career Runway at a Company where Engineering is Highly Valued If you combine your process engineering expertise with experience in refinery or petrochemical operations, this position offers you several compelling opportunities.
- Join a high-impact team at a company where engineering is highly regarded. In fact, many of our senior leaders came up through engineering.
- Expand your skills and experience in a broad role that includes process improvements,operational support, and special projects. You'll be involved in all areas of our operations.
- We hire with an eye to the future, and strong performance in this role could set you up to take on additional responsibilities or pursue advancement in our organization. While this is not a "fast track" career position (when people join us they tend to stay)it is an influential role for a motivated and ambitious professional with the bandwidth to grow and take on new challenges.
- Your successes will be noticed and appreciated. We promote a meritocracy in which talent and performance are recognized and rewarded.That is part of the reasonthat the average tenure here is 14 years. Within USOR, and across our parent company, Par Pacific, you will find people who are driven, hardworking, and entrepreneur-minded professionals.
- You will earn acompetitive salary and bonus opportunity, along with acomprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision insurance; unlimited paid time off; a 401(k) with company match; educational reimbursement; and more.
- Enjoy arelaxed and results-oriented culturethat values work/life balance. Of course, we'll look to you to be flexible at peak times (e.g. shutdown/turnaround activities), but overall the hours are reasonable.
- A bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering.
- 3-5 years of experience working as a process engineer in a refinery is highly preferred; petrochemical industry experience will also be considered. We also will consider more experienced, senior-level candidates.
- Solid understanding of heat transfer, fluid mechanics, distillation, and control systems.
- The ability to independently evaluate, select and apply standard engineering techniques and procedures.
- Self-motivation and a strong sense of ownership and follow-through.
- Project management skills, including strong organizational and prioritization abilities.
Apply on company website